Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how much admin charge to move season ticket........£25.00 what a rip off

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How can people defend a £25 charge. It's not like they need to re-issue a whole new book of tickets it's a a new card and 2 minutes of admin ( my friend works in the TO I asked) £10 tops IMO.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Can't be sure, but I'd have thought the club pitch the admin charge so high to deter people from fannying about

the_thin_blue_line_grim.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair £25 admin charge to move a st is outrageous....but is anyone really surprised?

Remember this is the brave, squeeze all you can get out of them, new world.

It's ok by some, ****ing rediculous by others.

Personally nothing surprises me any more about the club.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely no way it costs £25 in admin. They're profiteering.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To be fair £25 admin charge to move a st is outrageous....but is anyone really surprised?

Remember this is the brave, squeeze all you can get out of them, new world.

It's ok by some, ****ing rediculous by others.

its a bit like forgetting yur season ticket and being charged a tenner....i can understand if u keep doing it...but for a first 'offence'...fek i'm paying £600 plus anyway

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Well l swapped my season-ticket for another seat about a month into the season and wasn't charged anything at all. Maybe l just got lucky.

No, I believe the people you used to sit next to had a whip round :rolleyes:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Absolutely no way it costs £25 in admin. They're profiteering.

Hardly profiteering. If thousands were switching seats and they charged that then you might have an argument but I suspect the fee is doing what it is supposed to do. Cover costs and then act as a deterrent.

Simple answer is stay where you are and move in the close season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hardly profiteering. If thousands were switching seats and they charged that then you might have an argument but I suspect the fee is doing what it is supposed to do. Cover costs and then act as a deterrent.

Simple answer is stay where you are and move in the close season.

Act as a deterrent? Jesus. Swopping seats is not a crime. Fees like this are destroying supporter goodwill and I believe will ultimately cost the club money in the long run. Mind you if supporters have the same "accept any bullshit without question" attitude like you it's no wonder they feel they can charge.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
how much admin charge to move season ticket........£25.00 what a rip off.i thought about 10 -15 tops an each would off been ok,but was going to move 4 s.t's thats £100.00 which makes me mad ggggrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! supporters ain't made of money

I was told that NO AMOUNT of money would be able to get my season ticket moved. I offered to make a donation to the club and or the REMF. I was told NO.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Act as a deterrent? Jesus. Swopping seats is not a crime. Fees like this are destroying supporter goodwill and I believe will ultimately cost the club money in the long run. Mind you if supporters have the same "accept any bullshit without question" attitude like you it's no wonder they feel they can charge.

Over reaction again, but that is par for the cause! Never said it was a crime but hardly ideal if thousands decide they just want to swap seats for a different view. I do think that the club should waive the fee in special circumstances, eg peoples health deteriorates and can't manage the stairs or maybe if they want to purchase additional season tickets and to be together in a bigger group. £25 is hardly going to break the bank taken in the context of a whole season!!! As others have said, if you don't like the fee then don't move!!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Over reaction again, but that is par for the cause! Never said it was a crime but hardly ideal if thousands decide they just want to swap seats for a different view. I do think that the club should waive the fee in special circumstances, eg peoples health deteriorates and can't manage the stairs or maybe if they want to purchase additional season tickets and to be together in a bigger group. £25 is hardly going to break the bank taken in the context of a whole season!!! As others have said, if you don't like the fee then don't move!!!

I can see what you are getting at...but would there seriously be that many wanting to move?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If it is in the terms and conditions then you cannot really complain in my view.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Some members of NSC astound me with their ability to literally bend over at £'s here and £'s there like its completely justifiable.

How is a fee £25 on top of a £400+ season ticket justifiable? This nonsense about Albion then having to resell the seats and the cost of a card to be produced is bollocks. Firstly, the seats are being transferred, Albion will still have ticket holders out of this and don't stand to lose or gain anything - its merely supplying a service to the 'customers' as Barber likes to put it. Secondly, the cost of a card to be produced is seriously cheap! Why have admin staff if they don't fulfill administrative tasks?! If they want to call me a customer then provide a service worthy of the £400 purchase that I make every season.

Rant over... and yes I'm one of the 4 changing seats..

Dec 29, 2011
Some members of NSC astound me with their ability to literally bend over at £'s here and £'s there like its completely justifiable.

I agree, my conclusion is the ones who aren't bothered are earning quite a bit of money and so it doesn't bother them. Does the club charge you if you move your ST to a more expensive area of the ground? So would you have to pay for the privilege of actually paying more for your ticket?

Finally, the thing that really annoys me is people claim "prices need to go up to cover FFP", but when we reach the Premier League are prices going to be lowered accordingly? I highly doubt it. All about the £££'s.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Tony Bloom attending a fans forum in stockings and suspenders, carrying a giant Orville the Duck, that would surprise me.

I can understand a £25 fee for one ST move, but think it should be capped at the same amount if a group of people move.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

How is a fee £25 on top of a £400+ season ticket justifiable? This nonsense about Albion then having to resell the seats and the cost of a card to be produced is bollocks. Firstly, the seats are being transferred, Albion will still have ticket holders out of this and don't stand to lose or gain anything - its merely supplying a service to the 'customers' as Barber likes to put it. Secondly, the cost of a card to be produced is seriously cheap! Why have admin staff if they don't fulfill administrative tasks?! If they want to call me a customer then provide a service worthy of the £400 purchase that I make every season.

Rant over... and yes I'm one of the 4 changing seats..

Are you going to change seats every season then. If not then the £25 is just a one off which could be spread over the time you spend in your new seat! Out of interest, what is the reason you are changing the seats as this hasn't been mentioned?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here