Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How might one recommend a player to our scouts?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I recently offered the Club 2 Slovak Boys 23&19 currently playing in Kosice in the Slovakian top league i gave them release papers from FCKosice the Boys were willing to travel here and stay at there own cost, and BHA said that they wouldnt give them a trial coz there not current internationls i was gobsmacked by the reply, Crawley didnt even answer my email !!!!!!

Out of interest, are you their agent?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
But how many requests for trials do you think even a lower league Football League club gets, let alone one near the top end of the Championship?

Every teenage lad who gets released writes letters asking for trials, every European wannabe who fancies a go in the richest, if not the best, league in Europe, every never-was who's been given a free transfer but still fancies his chances. I bet they get loads every single day. How do they cater for that? They have to be selective, I'm sure.

I think I recall John Byrne became a Brighton player after writing to every club in the 1st and 2nd divisions asking for a chance, whilst he was playing in France, only Brighton had a look and got a great player.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
endorse bobby smith's point above. Dev squad players would normally be U21 internationals , ie Latvian / Icelandic, the dev squad coach has no real say in who signs.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Wow, are you abroad to unwind?

My interest is that I have a vested interest in a non-league team up the road in Havant & Waterlooville, who recently had close links with the Albion following Charlie Oatway finishing his playing career with them, and becoming their assistant manager before returning to the Albion. Currently Lee Bradbury has taken over and I wondered who this player might be and whether he'd featured at that level yet. There have been regular Albion scouts at Westleigh Park looking at Tiryaki (who went to Tranmere) and the BSS's current top scorer Ollie Palmer.

Hopefully your toys haven't been scattered too far from the pram. :wink:

Flatter y'self much?
You had nothing to add but bullshit jabs, nothing to offer of relevance.
Irrelevance, that's all

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Wow, are you abroad to unwind?

My interest is that I have a vested interest in a non-league team up the road in Havant & Waterlooville, who recently had close links with the Albion following Charlie Oatway finishing his playing career with them, and becoming their assistant manager before returning to the Albion. Currently Lee Bradbury has taken over and I wondered who this player might be and whether he'd featured at that level yet. There have been regular Albion scouts at Westleigh Park looking at Tiryaki (who went to Tranmere) and the BSS's current top scorer Ollie Palmer.

Hopefully your toys haven't been scattered too far from the pram. :wink:

Flatter y'self much?
Irrelevance, that's all

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Flatter y'self much?
Irrelevance, that's all

Quite why you're being so precious is anyone's guess...The under7's I coach take a bit of banter better than you do. So far you've announced you've discovered a future Championship star and yet you can't reveal what league, what team, anything. Your post couldn't be anymore ironic.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Quite why you're being so precious is anyone's guess...The under7's I coach take a bit of banter better than you do. So far you've announced you've discovered a future Championship star and yet you can't reveal what league, what team, anything. Your post couldn't be anymore ironic.

Howabout I just mention the player to our club and not mention any hints for a dickhead?
Or, I *could* just broadcast the details to anyone reading nsc, so every scout for every club can hear about him. What do you care, that you poke repugnant insults in without being invited?
You are looking to prick here sunshine. You'd best butt out and work on training 7yr olds.
Anyway I shall now ignore your insensible witterings.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Howabout I just mention the player to our club and not mention any hints for a dickhead?
Or, I *could* just broadcast the details to anyone reading nsc, so every scout for every club can hear about him. What do you care, that you poke repugnant insults in without being invited?
You are looking to prick here sunshine. You'd best butt out and work on training 7yr olds.
Anyway I shall now ignore your insensible witterings.

Where have I insulted you? You are the only one who has thrown out any insults...your overreaction is off the scale.

I've not asked you to name this player, and I'm not the only one on this thread who asked what level they are playing at. Are you seriously saying you can't even mention what league they play in for fear of another team discovering them!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here