Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How might one recommend a player to our scouts?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Many THANKS BensGrandad, unlike the masturbator Bold Seagull you have been useful towards an Albion quest!
I'm on a phone abroad writing on here, so bullshit trolls thinking they are being clever are just pathetic really.
Cheers!

Absolutely not, and we have picked up players from such heights as Burton I seem to recall.
But please don't bother yourself more, there's a good chap.
Whatever your somewhat dubious interest in this thread is.

Wow, are you abroad to unwind?

My interest is that I have a vested interest in a non-league team up the road in Havant & Waterlooville, who recently had close links with the Albion following Charlie Oatway finishing his playing career with them, and becoming their assistant manager before returning to the Albion. Currently Lee Bradbury has taken over and I wondered who this player might be and whether he'd featured at that level yet. There have been regular Albion scouts at Westleigh Park looking at Tiryaki (who went to Tranmere) and the BSS's current top scorer Ollie Palmer.

Hopefully your toys haven't been scattered too far from the pram. :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I recently offered the Club 2 Slovak Boys 23&19 currently playing in Kosice in the Slovakian top league i gave them release papers from FCKosice the Boys were willing to travel here and stay at there own cost, and BHA said that they wouldnt give them a trial coz there not current internationls i was gobsmacked by the reply, Crawley didnt even answer my email !!!!!!

That's because it isn't in the EU, so therefore they have to be internationals to get a work permit. It was the same reason that Ulloa had to get a Spanish passport by playing in Spain for 4 years, as he wasn't an Argentinian international.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I recently offered the Club 2 Slovak Boys 23&19 currently playing in Kosice in the Slovakian top league i gave them release papers from FCKosice the Boys were willing to travel here and stay at there own cost, and BHA said that they wouldnt give them a trial coz there not current internationls i was gobsmacked by the reply, Crawley didnt even answer my email !!!!!!

But how many requests for trials do you think even a lower league Football League club gets, let alone one near the top end of the Championship?

Every teenage lad who gets released writes letters asking for trials, every European wannabe who fancies a go in the richest, if not the best, league in Europe, every never-was who's been given a free transfer but still fancies his chances. I bet they get loads every single day. How do they cater for that? They have to be selective, I'm sure.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But how many requests for trials do you think even a lower league Football League club gets, let alone one near the top end of the Championship?

Every teenage lad who gets released writes letters asking for trials, every European wannabe who fancies a go in the richest, if not the best, league in Europe, every never-was who's been given a free transfer but still fancies his chances. I bet they get loads every single day. How do they cater for that? They have to be selective, I'm sure.

Typically young stars are either spotted at schoolboy level and signed up early into academies and development squads, or they join top parks teams and get spotted by a non-league team and work their way up. If they have the individual desire, ability, and initiative, they will generally get a chance.

As I said in a previous post, most of the professional clubs along the south coast keep a close eye on what is happening in the non-league game, and potential rising stars. It would be unusual for a Championship quality player at 18/19 yrs old, not to be earning good money part time (say £100+ per week) playing in the upper tiers of the non-league pyramid. If this is an out of contract player at that age, then it would be very rare.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That's because it isn't in the EU, so therefore they have to be internationals to get a work permit. It was the same reason that Ulloa had to get a Spanish passport by playing in Spain for 4 years, as he wasn't an Argentinian international.

Yes it is; I work with a Slovakian girl.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The club is likely to read your email and examine its merits.

I am guessing they might even know him or know coaches that know him, probably been at clubs at some stage of his earlier career, maybe being released at some stage without specifics who knows.

You must remember with all your good intentions BHA have a decent network of scouts and contacts and in someways your player already playing at a decent level would already render him 'not good enough' or 'continued monitoring'.

Just be careful not to become too precious with your own identification opinions, thats what professional scouts are for, it dosent necessarily follow that they are ignoring you or or useless at their jobs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Slovakia joined the EU in 2004 , there are loads of migrant workers over here already. :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wes Fogden is a great example of hard work and dedication getting you to the professional game. He must have felt his career was over when he left the Albion as a trainee, but I believe Oatway was instrumental in taking him to Havant&Waterlooville where he blossomed in the BSS and is now a key player in Bournemouth's squad. Hopefully look forward to welcoming him back to Brighton next season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Fogden

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING

Slovakia IS IN the EU they were the first Easteren European country to get the Euro FACT

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING

They havnt been released they currently play in the first team at FCKosice i merely got release forms stating that they could play a trial game for the Albion

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here