Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] How many women contributors does NSC have?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Me. I understand it is a football forum therefore most of the contributors are going to be male. I am not easily offended so if I read something that is overly misogynistic, I just think the post creator is a knob and move on with my life. I also find it very amusing what some men get their panties in a twist over. I also find this a very well balanced place to read views on all sorts of issues, football related and otherwise.

:lol:

DavePage

Quote Originally Posted by ozzygull View Post
Me. I understand it is a football forum therefore most of the contributors are going to be male. I am not easily offended so if I read something that is overly misogynistic, I just think the post creator is a knob and move on with my life. I also find it very amusing what some men get their panties in a twist over. I also find this a very well balanced place to read views on all sorts of issues, football related and otherwise.

Most of the knobs wouldn’t understand what you just said

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I'm wondering if it's a man thing to feel reassured to know there's always a woman around to point out how the word Man is used so loosely concerning the male species .

I refer the honourable gentleman to a matchday thread when the opposition score or a misplaced pass from one of our own players turns the pages into a vitriol of adolescent obscenities.

Football seems to turn even the most mature and level headed men into creatures from the black lagoon sometimes , snarling and groping into the cyber air for unusual swear words to spew out on to the Internet, (wankpuffin) being one of my particular favourites.

I think there are probably more women than people think posting on NSC that simply use a non gender specific username and calmly go about their business without needing to know specifically who's male or female because boys it's not that hard to tell :wink:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

I think this sums it up perfectly:thumbsup::cheery:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
There’s probably a similar proportion of women posting on here as there are that attend matches, i.e. quite small. In what is a vastly predominantly male environment in both cases, however, I can say I’ve never felt intimidated or unwelcome or unable to hold my own, but then I’ve never been a girlie girl, and you’d cross me at your peril. Would much rather hang out on here with the boys than on Mumsnet, thank you.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
My Sister , first game pre season friendly v Gibraltar 1968 , home and away ever since

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
My Sister , first game pre season friendly v Gibraltar 1968 , home and away ever since

Blimey my first ever match as well thought my dad and I were the only ones there, Alex Dawson first match think it was 6 0.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Me, but I have to confess that I have tried to not make it look obvious. I feel a bit of an interloper on such a predominately male board. Like [MENTION=1155]ozzygull[/MENTION] I am not easily offended. This board generally makes me chuckle & I mostly ignore the parts that annoy me.

You’re not an interloper, you’re an important element in a necessary drive for greater diversity:thumbsup:

Stick with it, and call out the things that annoy you!!!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm wondering if it's a man thing to feel reassured to know there's always a woman around to point out how the word Man is used so loosely concerning the male species .

I refer the honourable gentleman to a matchday thread when the opposition score or a misplaced pass from one of our own players turns the pages into a vitriol of adolescent obscenities.

Football seems to turn even the most mature and level headed men into creatures from the black lagoon sometimes , snarling and groping into the cyber air for unusual swear words to spew out on to the Internet, (wankpuffin) being one of my particular favourites.

I think there are probably more women than people think posting on NSC that simply use a non gender specific username and calmly go about their business without needing to know specifically who's male or female because boys it's not that hard to tell :wink:

Yes yes , but do you like curry ? :kiss:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Another one here for the collection.:cheery:

Don't post a lot nowadays as there are quite a few knobheads around on this board.
Apologies for the bad language but then I was brought up on the terraces at the Goldstone!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here