Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many unecessary and not particularly good midfielders will we sign in January?

How many uneccessary midfielders will we sign in January?

Votes: 4 36.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • More than 5

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He sure does. I wonder what he has against strikers?

I can only assume the issue is the price we paid for CMS which was top dollar and the lack of end product so far.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can only assume the issue is the price we paid for CMS which was top dollar and the lack of end product so far.

A fair point. If I were TB, I'm not sure that I'd necessarily trust Gus again in terms of signing a pricey striker.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A fair point. If I were TB, I'm not sure that I'd necessarily trust Gus again in terms of signing a pricey striker.

You would have to if you were putting up the money, I like CMS but to be fair we are not getting the return on the investment which draws me to the conclusion perhaps it is a division too far for him.

However having said that I am not really in a position to comment.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Dobbie = Complete waste of cash , could be a good player but how will we ever know
Hammond = Complete waste of cash, has added nothing that we didn't have
Orlando = Complete waste of cash, injury prone Spaniard which we already had
Lopez = Complete waste of cash, Spanish version of Harley

Just think what the wages, agents fees have cost and we could have had what we needed which was a decent striker so why would January be different ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dobbie = Complete waste of cash , could be a good player but how will we ever know

Just think what the wages, agents fees have cost and we could have had what we needed which was a decent striker so why would January be different ?

Orlandi got smashed at Selhurst with broken ribs which is hardly being injury prone. Lopez can score penalties and take better free kicks than Harley, Dobbie will come good.
1 out of 4 ain't bad.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Orlandi got smashed at Selhurst with broken ribs which is hardly being injury prone. Lopez can score penalties and take better free kicks than Harley, Dobbie will come good.
1 out of 4 ain't bad.

Orlandi has a reputation of being injury prone. 1 big challenge and he's out for 6 weeks. How many of our players would have survived that challenge?

Lopez has taken 1 penalty, being better at free kicks (despite scoring 1 less - 0 in fact) doesn't make him any good.

Dobbie will come good. Will he? Why? he's had a couple of good loan spells in his career. Apart from that, a few goals in Scotland. He's been here 4 months now, longer than his loan spells, and done nothing other than look fat, lazy and disinterested. If he'll come good, why can't get get a game when our strikeforce is woeful?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

:fishing:

bobbybighead

Jun 7, 2007

You know nothing about football Hammond has had some top performances for us gives Bridcutt a break.
Orlandi absolute class granted can be a little light weight against the more physical teams but before Palarse was getting better with every game.
Lopez is another class act the more he plays the more he will show why he has played so many games in top flight football he will play a massive part in the rest of the season.

We have players that do a lot of work in midfield like breaking up play short ten yard passes or just great positioning to take pressure of other players. Don't base ratings on how many goals someone scores or how many 50 yard dribbles players make. Next time your st the game have a look at players of the ball and see what there doing you will be surprised

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Gus has 4 years left on his contract and we're making steady progress.
He's going nowhere.

Thank God Tony Bloom is more patient than some people on here.

Believe me if things were to go somewhat astray and we ended up towards the wrong eng Gus would be gone, Tony is like any other chairman and won't tolerate a relegation battle with all the money spent and probably couldn't afford it either with loss of revenue

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Believe me if things were to go somewhat astray and we ended up towards the wrong eng Gus would be gone, Tony is like any other chairman and won't tolerate a relegation battle with all the money spent and probably couldn't afford it either with loss of revenue

Seriously you think relegation is possible...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Agree with all apart from Orlandi who will be class ....

Dobbie panic buy at end of window and probably now regretting ever signing for us as never plays
Lopez just to slow
Hammond ... Why ??? at least its only a seasons loan and he will go back
Crofts ... Just not hit the same peaks as the last time which is a good reason not to resign old employee's as always measured against previous exploits which in the main are unachievable

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Of course, but while we're making progress I think his job is perfectly safe.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hoping for none but Gus loves a crap midfielder.bas much as he likes signing crap strikers and letting good ones go for free.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The question is, how many unnecessary and not particularly good threads are you going to post in January?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here