Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Many Times Have You Seen The Albion Score 6 Or More?

Downlander

Apr 14, 2011
Oh! Just thought of another.

Brighton 6 Rotherham 0

FA Cup second replay at Highbury 8 Feb 1960.

Nice birthday present for me, as was chatting to the then England manager, Walter Winterbottom on the Underground after the game and glowing from his compliments about our fantastic performance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can't remember all - but do remember greatest.

Brighton 6 -Watford 0 - April 1958 - Champions! - Adrian Thorne 5

1st ever promotion....... An evening never to be forgotten by the 32,000 odd who were lucky enough to have been at the Goldstone on that amazing balmy Spring evening.

That was the official attendance figures but I have always maintained that the figures may have been manipulated slightly as I am sure that you will remember the surrounds of the pitch was full of young children who had been lifted over the wall and the ground was jam packed. When the official attendance record on Boxing Day vs Fulham was created there was nobody over the wall and the ground hadn't been extended to the best of my knowledge.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Oh! Just thought of another.

Brighton 6 Rotherham 0

FA Cup second replay at Highbury 8 Feb 1960.

Nice birthday present for me, as was chatting to the then England manager, Walter Winterbottom on the Underground after the game and glowing from his compliments about our fantastic performance.

What a cracking birthday you had,great stuff!

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Nobody has mentioned the Sherpa Van Trophy game away to Fulham in November '87 - Brighton were 5-0 up at half-time, final score 6-1 with goals from Nelson 2, Bremner 2, Wilkins and Crumplin. I was also at the 7-0 home win over Charlton in '83. Yesterday was my 50th birthday so the 6-1 win was a great birthday present for me!!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Missed Northwich, so haven't seen an ' eight ' Did see nine v Southend. Total of 6+ must 8-9 times.
Wasn't there a 6-4 home win in the old 4th division days ( maybe the promotion season ) ?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Are you sure!?
The Walsall & York games were amazingly & memorably just 17 DAYS apart in 76 not 13 MONTHS!

You are correct!

I was lucky enough to be behind the South Stand goal for the 2nd half against Walsall

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Missed Northwich, so haven't seen an ' eight ' Did see nine v Southend. Total of 6+ must 8-9 times.
Wasn't there a 6-4 home win in the old 4th division days ( maybe the promotion season ) ?

The 6-4 was against Mansfield the following season in div 3

We did beat Notts County though in the 64-65 div 4 champions season 6-0

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
5. Carlisle at the Goldstone, Mansfield, Torquay and Northwich at Withdean and Blackpool at the Amex.

Chester away was the only Saturday game I gave a miss to that season... :facepalm::annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here