Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many saw Jack Hinshelwood's first Albion goal?

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
I had a great time last night.

Unlike Neal Maupay, who's absolutely shite.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I thought Dunk went to Varndean and Solly St Bedes. Not sure about the other two but I'd be surprised seeing as Webster is from Chichester and Hinsh Worthing.
I have just asked a friend on messenger who lives in the Selsey area and he swears blind Webster and Hinslewood both went to Chichester high school, he also said that Tim Peake the astronaut went to the same school. He very knowledgeable of that area so he could be right. The lady may have got Dunk and Solly wrong then.
That is some claim for the school if true.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Did Dunk study for A’levels at BHASVIC? I thought through the system youth players effectively became full time Albion staff at 16. I worked with one who’d been part of the Albion ‘Dean Hammond’ cohort.
Yep, if you sign a scholarship you are full-time with the club. As per this interview in the Guardian when Dunk was still an U-16 schoolboy, once he became a scholar he would do a BTEC in sport science at a college in Lewes:-

Dunk.jpg

In years past Albion have had a few lads continue to play for the youth team even though they remained in full-time education; I think the most recent was Russell Martin who played for the Albion U-19s while at Varndean College studying for his A-levels [for a few seasons there were U-19 and U-17 teams instead of the U-18 teams we have now]. Martin gave that up part way through the season because he found it difficult and felt outside the group because he was training a lot less frequently than the YTS trainees (as they were called then).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Incidentally, that Guardian article of almost 16 years ago contains a very pertinent paragraph:-

Dunk.jpg

Perhaps if Lewis had not forgotten that early lesson, he would have had a chance to add another famous win at his beloved Stamford Bridge.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, if you sign a scholarship you are full-time with the club. As per this interview in the Guardian when Dunk was still an U-16 schoolboy, once he became a scholar he would do a BTEC in sport science at a college in Lewes:-

View attachment 170938

In years past Albion have had a few lads continue to play for the youth team even though they remained in full-time education; I think the most recent was Russell Martin who played for the Albion U-19s while at Varndean College studying for his A-levels [for a few seasons there were U-19 and U-17 teams instead of the U-18 teams we have now]. Martin gave that up part way through the season because he found it difficult and felt outside the group because he was training a lot less frequently than the YTS trainees (as they were called then).

Thank you, a wealth of information. A wise call by Russell Martin!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
4 blokes in front of us missed Jack’s goal as I assume they decided pints were of greater value than 7mins of the game.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Considering weather, on TV and no trains I thought attendance was v ery good. What was queuing for buses like ?
I did my usual hang around for an hour after the final whistle, I was on a bus within five minutes of going the queue, it seemed that most people were clear, which I thought was very impressive. Also got on the first shuttle I could although that was around 5.45pm so a bit early

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here