Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many saw Jack Hinshelwood's first Albion goal?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I said on the match thread, it was disappointing so many could t be arsed. That said, like the Boxing Day Brentford match or the Man City home win (where there were tickets available to anyone), the loyal home fans got a good night. It’s disappointing from some - support the lads.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The post-match display on the big screen said 30,000 and change (I can't remember if it was 30,700 or 30,070). Since the goal came early enough, I'm sure none of them had left to get the train.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The entire row to my right was empty. Was it something I said?

Less than 20,000?

I’d hazard a guess of about 20,000. I went to that Palace cup match in 2018 were there were only 12,000 in the stadium and it felt a lot fuller than that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
quite a few empty seats…but it was smoking 👀

IMG_7139.jpeg

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
To misquote a business saying, Attendance is vanity, crowd size is sanity, atmosphere is a reality

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm pretty sure an Amazon Prime stream of Brighton v Brentford won't have added 'millions' to the viewing figures. A few more tens of thousands, perhaps.
Indeed.

As an aside, my personalised Amazon home page had promos for the Man United and Man City games earlier - and it knows I'm a Brighton fan through past purchases (it usually shows Brighton match polls, for example).

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
As I said on the match thread, it was disappointing so many could t be arsed. That said, like the Boxing Day Brentford match or the Man City home win (where there were tickets available to anyone), the loyal home fans got a good night. It’s disappointing from some - support the lads.
That is ridiculous... I was at the match and was amazed that so many did make it (two thirds full). Surely you know the majority of our fans don't live in BN1? Our catchment stretches to Hastings in the east, to Worthing in the west, and Haywards Heath to the north.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
What the official attendance, anyway?

Edit: Seen above. 30,070 or 30,700?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That is ridiculous... I was at the match and was amazed that so many did make it (two thirds full). Surely you know the majority our fans don't live in BN1? Our catchment stretches to Hastings in the east, to Worthing in the west, and Haywards Heath to the north.
My opinion - was a disappointing turnout even considering the train issues to Falmer. Not ridiculous at all - my opinion 👍

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Unfortunately for me I've only just finished work. Retail at this time of year is rough.
Put my seats on the exchange on the off chance but was fairly sure it wouldn't open due to low sales.
Would love to have been there to witness his first goal first hand.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
My opinion - was a disappointing turnout even considering the train issues to Falmer. Not ridiculous at all - my opinion 👍
Just a ridiculous opinion, no doubt based purely on your own travel arrangements.

But do explain, how if you live and work in London, that you would have made the game with no trains running.
This equally applies to those that support the team but leave further away than a bus ride.

And before you throw in drive, not everyone owns a car.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just a ridiculous opinion, no doubt based purely on your own travel arrangements.

But do explain, how if you live and work in London, that you would have made the game with no trains running.
This equally applies to those that support the team but leave further away than a bus ride.

And before you throw in drive, not everyone owns a car.
Not sure on the exact arrangements but my mate got a train from London then one of the shuttle buses from Brighton? I think there were a number who just couldn’t be arsed I’m not going at specifics - if London was a no go clearly my mate lied to me about how he got there leaving at 5 🤣 I did say some would have been f***ed by it but some just couldn’t be arsed - anyone taking offence to that opinion prob falls in the latter 🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here