Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points will England finish the group with?

Final group points for England 2014 World Cup?

Votes: 17 8.7%

Votes: 19 9.7%

Votes: 9 4.6%

Votes: 16 8.2%

Votes: 71 36.2%

Votes: 64 32.7%

• Total voters

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Zero, zip, nada, diddly. Uruguay will be very dangerous on thursday , if we lose that have nothing to play for against costa rica. For all the people that say " we did well Saturday " we still lost and losing means you tend to not progress very far in tournaments.

Zero, zip, nada, diddly. Uruguay will be very dangerous on thursday , if we lose that have nothing to play for against costa rica. For all the people that say " we did well Saturday " we still lost and losing means you tend to not progress very far in tournaments.

Spain lost their first game at 2010, they did alright.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Spain lost their first game at 2010, they did alright.

I think people would be more pissed off if I predicted us to do well.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
um, excuse me ? 2 in the U21's and 1 in the U20's ?

I quoted a post complaining about the number of foreigners in the PL taking the place of English talent out of the team. Having some youngsters in England age group squads doesn't hide the fact that we've got plenty of foreigners in our first team.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Heart says 6 points - but my head says 4.

If we get a lead and then frustrate Uruguay who would be facing another defeat then it could all get very spicy. I hope our players are ready for whatever tricks they may get up to, are able to keep their heads and pray there is a strong Ref. This assumes that Roy sorts out the tactics and formation so that we are not so easily opened up on the left hand side of the pitch. I still cannot believe that he failed to sort that out at half time verses Italy.

Moving on I suspect the Costa Rica game won't be a pushover but IMHO if we cannot get something from that game then we don't really deserve to progress any further.

While I want to see us progress further if that does not happen I guess the bottom line is to see Roy persevere with the youngsters, let them have a real go and create chances even if means glorious failure, rather than going out of the Cup with a whimper. Then build on this experience for the Euros.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here