Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many players do we need for promotion?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
IF Wilson can be fully fit and stays with us for the whole season and IF our injured players come back sharpish and stay fit then I think we could potentially be ok as we are (though I'd obviously like to see a few signings). This should be obvious really as we were top for most of the first half of the season WITHOUT Knockaert and Wilson.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Possibly a striker if not i'm happy with the squad. We don't need a left back but come the summer than yes.

This...A big name striker would increase the odds but don't think we need another left back this season. Bong with Rosenior when back and Ridgewell at the moment is fine

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
C/F who can get us a goal every other game
we have back up for bong in rosenior
get up then spend some money on others

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
IF Wilson can be fully fit and stays with us for the whole season and IF our injured players come back sharpish and stay fit then I think we could potentially be ok as we are (though I'd obviously like to see a few signings). This should be obvious really as we were top for most of the first half of the season WITHOUT Knockaert and Wilson.

Pretty much agree with this, Wilson is going to be key. We're going to need luck with injuries and hope United don't take Wilson back.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bong must be very close to being back now.

On the bench for Brentford ? ???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One, a striker who can guarantee us ten to twelve goals by the end of the season.

We have Knockaert, beating players, creating space, and putting telling balls into the box from the right flank, and LuaLua doing exactly the same thing from the right.

The one piece of the jigsaw that is missing for me, is a competent striker to convert those chances.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Leicester City 2013-14

Regular players 20
Occasional 8

Albion 2015-16

Regular: 17
Occasional 11 (excluding Sidwell)

and I thought we could manage with the 25 PL squad plus U21 youngsters. 18 regulars + 7 occasionals + our only U21 players Solly March, Forster-Caskey & Wilson.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Get everyone fit and we have a good balanced squad. Anyone added now will just be an upgrade.

Even if we don't sign anyone else, I'm pretty confident we will finish in the top 2.

A new striker, who will score 10+ goals between now and the end of the season, will win us the league.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Get everyone fit and we have a good balanced squad. Anyone added now will just be an upgrade.

Even if we don't sign anyone else, I'm pretty confident we will finish in the top 2.

A new striker, who will score 10+ goals between now and the end of the season, will win us the league.

And that is why Tony should get his cheque book out...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here