Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many Palace fans posing as Brighton fans post on NSC?

theboybilly

Couldn't agree more. Followed the Albion for many years before this pathetic, artificial rivalry (good description that) was set up by the gutter press, and have never taken it seriously. They're just another club.

Pretty much my thoughts. Palace are just another club and not a particularly interesting one at that. Millwall and Charlton are the true South East London rivals...I don't really know who Palace could have a rivalry with - maybe Wimbledon when they relocate to Merton

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Couldn't agree more. Followed the Albion for many years before this pathetic, artificial rivalry (good description that) was set up by the gutter press, and have never taken it seriously. They're just another club.

Yes the problem is, if you stand up to the morons you get accused of being a Palace fan.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Pretty much my thoughts. Palace are just another club and not a particularly interesting one at that. Millwall and Charlton are the true South East London rivals...I don't really know who Palace could have a rivalry with - maybe Wimbledon when they relocate to Merton

Not particularly interesting but some brighton fans are obsessed with them to the point of paranoia.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can we make a definitive list so we know - it confuses the hell out of me when I see posters are making derogatory and untrue comments on the Albion and pretending to be Albion fans only to be OUTED as a sad palace fan 'pretending' to be one of us. Annoying :)

And gets around the'only post on palace related threads' rule I may add...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can we make a definitive list so we know - it confuses the hell out of me when I see posters are making derogatory and untrue comments on the Albion and pretending to be Albion fans only to be OUTED as a sad palace fan 'pretending' to be one of us. Annoying :)

And gets around the'only post on palace related threads' rule I may add...

I'll get it started:

1. jimbob5

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
yes it got me banned even though I was retaliating whereas the chap who keeps calling me a c..t without provocation is allowed to stay on

I suggest you re-read the thread quoted a little futher up this thread ..... you used the c word before anyone used it to describe you.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sorry that does not make sense. If you don't like me just ignore me but stop pestering me you creep.

It's a little difficult to ignore a great big stinking turd in the middle of the room don't you think ?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Why you absolute c**t jimbob! What an awful thing to say! You Palace fans do get ideas above your station sometimes.
Thanks for proving my point. Sorry I cannot respond in kind or I'll get banned by your chums, which of course is a terrible thing to happen.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Just to spell out my thoughts on the 'posting on other clubs message boards' thing.

I live 16 miles from Reading - I am surrounded by Reading, Swindon and Oxford fans. I can have an intelligent football conversation with all of them, real people, face-to-face. We've all had our problems through the years with our owners (Maxwell, Thames Valley Royals and Swindon administration etc) so there is plenty of common ground.

I don't need to talk to Crystal Palce fans, 'rivalry' or no 'rivalry'. I only post on here to discuss Brighton with other Brighton fans. After all, NSC was the ONLY fans forum, and ONLY effective means of mass communication, when the Club was facing it's fight to get back from Gillingham to Brighton, and if you didn't live in the area or get the Argus, you were effectively out of the loop. NSC kept me 'in touch' with the Falmer For All campaign. It keeps me in touch today with what other fans think, fans who I may not meet at the game because their 1901, North or East Stand, or exiles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here