Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Many International Teams Do You Qualify For?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Earlier in this thread I stated only England, although it has just occurred to me that I have already represented England, Great Britain and Hong Kong in various International Sailing events.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If we could include 'step' parents I could include India, Sr Lanka and Kenya.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Scotland, England, Malaysia

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
England Ireland and Mauritius and looking back now i could probably have made the Mauritius squad never really thought about it in my youth.

Oct 25, 2003
why do people think it includes great grandparents? when has that ever been a thing?

anyway, england and scotland for me.....surprised I haven't been approached by scotland yet

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Personally, England, England, England and England.

But both my daughters would qualify for Scotland via a maternal grandmother, and my granddaughter would qualify for wales, because she was born there. I don't expect it to be an issue anytime soon, though, because she is only one year old (last month)

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
England (Born and Parents), Scotland (Mum's Mum) and Wales (Dad's Mum) - and just need a pint of Guinness for the Irish connection :)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
England - birth, both parents, all but one grand-parent
Scotland - my grandad
Republic of Ireland - my gran once drank some Guinness. probably. It worked for Tony Cascarino/Andy Townsend so I reckon it's worth a shout.

Edit - bit late on the Guinness gag, I see. It's not been my afternoon really.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Probably just England. Unless my Dad happens to be reading this and wishes to correct me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here