Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many grounds that no longer exist

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I reckon the next 'youngest' non-existing ground is Bradford Park Avenue - that is the first one of all of these that I did not get to. Anyone claim that ?
Also if we had played at QPR later in the 1962-63 season, we would have played at the White City. They moved there after about 7 games that season.

I know, I typed it in when thinking of grounds I've been to, that are no longer used, it was Newport Countys ground until last season when they moved to Rodney Parade.
Yes, but the Albion NEVER played at Spytty Park. Or Moreton-in-Marsh, or Meadow Park, Gloucester - to name the three "home" grounds that Newport have played in since they left Somerton Park.

Incidentally ... Moreton-in-Marsh is further from Newport than Gillingham is from Brighton.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Feethams(Darlington)
The Darlington Arena/ George Reynolds Stadium. I think Darlington got thrown out of this stadium.
Huish- Yeovil Town( The old ground in the town not the one miles from anything that we are visiting next)

Just Highfield Road for me when it comes to Albion, but also went to a few Ryman League & Sussex Senior Cup games at Horsham FC's old ground before they left & groundshared at Worthing.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A mixture of seeing Brighton and Barnet at the following grounds.

Vetch Field - Swansea City.
Millmoor - Rotherham united.
Twerton Park - Bristol Rovers.
Ninian Park - Cardiff City.
The Old Den - Millwall.
Underhill - Barnet.
Layer Road - Colchester United.
Gay Meadow - Shrewsbury Town.
Highbury - Arsenal.
Belle Vue - Doncaster Rovers.
Springfield Park - Wigan Athletic.
Eton Park - Burton Albion.

Undoubtably the worst has to be Canvey Island. Very strange place, the ground was a deathtrap with no room to move and the wind coming off the Thames Estuary was ridiculous. They've dropped down a few divisions because they couldn't afford to run the club at Conference South level. A park pitch would be an improvement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here