Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many goals will Bobby score?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm agreeing with the judges on this one...

strictlyjudjpg_2764818b.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
31 games. 19 goals. That was Bobby Smith.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm going for 6, his first at Fulham away. Coming off the bench. The Cottage away end will be one of those great Albion Moments.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bobby Farrell, super inside forward, number 7 1928-39, scored 84 goals in 430 appearances. That's according to my records, hopefully agrees to Tim Carder, but I'm not at home so can't cross-check.

Ah - the list I found had Farrell equal with BZ on 83. Either way, you'd hope he's soon past that mark :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Would he be taking the penalties?

If so, 12 would put him up with Peter Ward - a fitting honour.

Can you imagine the 2 of them ever playing alongside each other in their prime? *drools*

Either way, I'd certainly fancy our REMF team in the years to come....

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Don't worry. He will. Be happy.

Hmmmm - looks like secret code. Thinking either we're going to sign somebody called McFerrin, or maybe Bobby Farrell's name reminds you of Bobby McFerrin. Probably the latter. But don't you worry, I AM happy - I'm happy with most new signings - Buckley, Bennett, maybe even Spanish Dave would all be welcomed back by me, plus any speedy winger with a decent cross, of course. I suspect that wherever you're getting your Farrell data from excludes his goal in the FA Cup 1st round on 30 November 1929 against Peterborough & Fletton United - a game we won 4-0, of course. We beat Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic 4-3 in a thriller at the Goldstone that season. Attendance 6,753.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Don't expect miracles. Just let Bobby be Bobby and see what happens.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think he might get to double figures. I know that seems a lot, given what he's scored in recent years, but he and the club will be lifted by his return and if he stays fit (and we can sign a couple of wingers to give him, Baldock and Hemed chances), I'm confident he'll score more than last season. You only have to look at that goal against West Brom to see he still has the quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here