Votes: 7 3.8%
  • All 3 (please explain how)

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Missed the first because my kid apparently needed a piss so much that he couldn't hold it another minute. Goal went in as we walked into the concourse šŸ™„ lesson learned for him.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
I have some bad news for you.

I sit in the row in front of you. :LOL:

(said lady was about 8 seats to my left; @monty uk found a flag left from last match which he gave her to wave.)
Sadly she missed the first Mitoma goal - she also had a friend lower down I believe. Both were clutching bags of goodies and wearing new shirts and scarfs. But returned a little after the start of the second half.

She sat there for most of the match, and especially so when Mitoma was on, with a big smile on her face and waving her flag. I was very happy for her. She beamed when I said that Mitoma was a great player.

I hope we never have to sell him - it would be a real shame if these followers were forced to go to Old Trafford and stock up on that dreadful red garb. Heaven forbid. Or the Etihad, doesn't bear thinking about. It's great having them around.

Incidentally, there were three Dutch people in front - I sit in the international section: Japan, Netherlands, Faversham - who were checking the Ajax-Feyenoord score. Seems the match was abandoned at 56 minutes at 0-3 because of 'fireworks on the pitch'. A portent perhaps?

HeaviestTed

Iā€™m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Baffles me, not to mention how embarrassing to see a max exodus of "supporters" both before halftime and the final whistle.......if they were, for arguments sake at the cinema and the film was going to have a final twist, would they do the same ?
We all enjoy life if different ways, breathe, be happy that everyone is allowed to do what they like.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I saw all goals despite going down for a half time burger and pint. As I posted on the match thread though - In W3I in the West Upper a Japanese lad was coming up the steps to take his seat for the second half having missed the goal. He stopped, looked over at the big screen and saw 'Goalscorer Karou Mitoma' flash up. He smiled, people looked at him and smiled back and he just shouted 'F*ck!'
Ha. You must be sat very near us (row M, W31).

bless that lad - he looked SO very happy, when everyone celebrated Mitomaā€™s second goal with him!

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
We all enjoy life if different ways, breathe, be happy that everyone is allowed to do what they like.
I would like it better though, if fans could leave only at certain times - like at the tennis. The amount of comings and goings in my row and the rows in front today was super annoying. šŸ˜‰

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Should have been at my seat but was in the bog after queuing for a couple of minutes. The goal was a second before I walked out onto the steps. Saw the knee slides at the corner, gah.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly she missed the first Mitoma goal - she also had a friend lower down I believe. Both were clutching bags of goodies and wearing new shirts and scarfs. But returned a little after the start of the second half.

She sat there for most of the match, and especially so when Mitoma was on, with a big smile on her face and waving her flag. I was very happy for her. She beamed when I said that Mitoma was a great player.

I hope we never have to sell him - it would be a real shame if these followers were forced to go to Old Trafford and stock up on that dreadful red garb. Heaven forbid. Or the Etihad, doesn't bear thinking about. It's great having them around.

Incidentally, there were three Dutch people in front - I sit in the international section: Japan, Netherlands, Faversham - who were checking the Ajax-Feyenoord score. Seems the match was abandoned at 56 minutes at 0-3 because of 'fireworks on the pitch'. A portent perhaps?
Talking of Ajax away, a comment by @Hugo Rune today that he'd received an email when he expressed interest prompted me to check my 'order' (no email) this evening and I found I hadn't actually clicked it through. Now fixed. That could have been embarrassing. :shootself

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would like it better though, if fans could leave only at certain times - like at the tennis. The amount of comings and goings in my row and the rows in front today was super annoying. šŸ˜‰
I hate people who say things like 'super' annoying.

And I'm fed up to my back teeth with all this 'tolerance' bollocks.

:wink:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The bloke behind, who after 30 minutes had been screaming for Bert to just kick it long, left shortly before our first goal and half time as ā€œwouldnā€™t be missing anythingā€ and returned just after we went 2-1 up. What a tosser.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Talking of Ajax away, a comment by @Hugo Rune today that he'd received an email when he expressed interest prompted me to check my 'order' (no email) this evening and I found I hadn't actually clicked it through. Now fixed. That could have been embarrassing. :shootself

Thatā€™s very easy to do. I nearly did the same. The pre contraction page looks like a confirmation page and when youā€™re paying no money you donā€™t get the credit card payment but so it I can see someone having this problem potentially.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Saw all the action and goals because thatā€™s what Iā€™m there for.

I donā€™t recall going to a gig and asking ā€œHave they played Firestarter yet, only I really needed to get a Beanburger three songs into the setā€.

Nor doing a Stewart Lee gig and missing the punchline to the joke thatā€™s been building the whole first half because I wanted to be first in the queue for G&Ts.

HeaviestTed

Iā€™m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023

I donā€™t recall going to a gig and asking ā€œHave they played Firestarter yet, only I really needed to get a Beanburger three songs into the setā€.

Nor doing a Stewart Lee gig and missing the punchline to the joke thatā€™s been building the whole first half because I wanted to be first in the queue for G&Ts.
Yawn

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

1695588610770.png

Top work!

I turned up late for a Caravan gig once only to find I has missed wthe whole of the support set. It was Kevin f***ing Ayers. I was gutted. For a bit. Then I accepted that it was what it was :shrug: :wink:

1695588798714.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think this thread has highlighted an interesting discrepancy in the attitude to people who leave a few minutes before / return a few minutes after half time and those who dare to leave the ground a few minutes early. I would argue both things are the same, but not treated as such by the preachy fans on either side.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Iā€™ve lost count of the number of goals sheā€™s missed. Seems a total waste of money to me and therefore probably a WOAT too.
Will be very few.

I normally go to the bar on 43 and return anywhen from before kick off to 5 minutes into the half. Missed one goal last season and that was for the opposition. Pretty sure that is only the second goal I've missed. I do however stay to the final whistle (unless we're getting tonked).

Yesterday I had got to the door to go into the stairwell when we got the corner at the end of the first half so stood and watched it from there. Mitoma's first goal I was walking back along to the back of the stand to my block when he popped it and I had a wonderful hug a stranger moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here