Dec 6, 2004
Step 1 - Make snidey comments
Step 2 - Cry when people make snidey comments in return
Step 3- ??

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Some disapointing replies there.

Blackpool is far from empty as the Pleasure Beach will be full to capacity for the weekend and so will the tourist pubs.
With it being St Patricks Day, the pubs will be thriving too.

I never said my town was better, but I'm sure we quadruple the number of tourists, mostly not up there own a&se types, more like British down to earth types that love a good time without pregidice.

Funny really that when we were in Brighton away for the weekend we went in loads of pubs and after the match, we went for the train, saw the massive queue and decided to go back to the North Stand where around 500 BHA fans were drinking and singing. We were in our tangerine shirts and do you know what?
Not one mouthy ******, all very friendly, shaking hands, talking football etc... Then we got the train back to town with 500 BHA fans, all friendly, chatty, drinking in the pubs all night, no bother.

Come on this message board to offer sound advice and even meet for a beer and snide remarks. Why is that?

Anyway, genuinely hope you have a great trip and why not be positive about our town instead? It has so so much to offer especially the Promenade's new features, along with the most stunningly beautiful sunsets you will ever see.

Bri.

Sorry for some of the pricks on this board mate, they usually are ones that don't even go to matches.

As for your original post thanks for the info.

I am coming up with a group of lads as it is my mates birthday. We are heading up tomorrow and going to go for a meal and a look about town tomorrow night. Then the match saturday and probably a heavy one after.

I met quite a few of your supporters in the North Stand after the match at the Amex and everyone of you were good lads, I hope it is just as nice as before.

This is going to be a massive match for us both, and as long as you leave that Kevin Phillips on the bench this time I fancy our chances to get a point.

Thanks again for the heads up !!!
:albion2:

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
95% of the original post is fine, but there are snidey remarks in there. I've been to Blackpool a few times, it's an interesting place but I know where I'd rather live.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Blackpool is far from empty as the Pleasure Beach will be full to capacity for the weekend and so will the tourist pubs.

I never said my town was better, but I'm sure we quadruple the number of tourists, mostly not up there own a&se types, more like British down to earth types that love a good time without pregidice.

Funny really that when we were in Brighton away for the weekend we went in loads of pubs and after the match, we went for the train, saw the massive queue and decided to go back to the North Stand where around 500 BHA fans were drinking and singing. We were in our tangerine shirts and do you know what?
Not one mouthy ******, all very friendly, shaking hands, talking football etc... Then we got the train back to town with 500 BHA fans, all friendly, chatty, drinking in the pubs all night, no bother.

Come on this message board to offer sound advice and even meet for a beer and snide remarks. Why is that?

Anyway, genuinely hope you have a great trip and why not be positive about our town instead? It has so so much to offer especially the Promenade's new features, along with the most stunningly beautiful sunsets you will ever see.

Bri.

Ignore mate , some right pricks on here . Cheers for the advice . Good luck after sat

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
The gay bar remark was in no way what so ever a chip. Just know that Blackpool and Brighton both have gay bars, was not intended to imply you are all homosexuals.
The pub remark was because there was 4 of us, all mid 40s, friendly, happy-go-lucky sorts and the doormen in certain pubs refused to let us in for some bizaar reason even though the places seeme desolate.

I met some sound lads after the match in the NS Bar including some that post on here, one said his wife played football for Brighton Ladies and was in the match programme.

I suppose we too have keyboard warriors, but if any of you are up for a few beers and game of pool before the match, let me know.
After the match we will head to town as it will be heaving in most pubs.

Google Queen Street Blackpool, virtually every place is a bar, pub, club etc... The town caters for all ages, but if you want a quiet beer, avoid town centre pubs.

Excellent win against Newcastle by the way, all the lads were cheering for you as we were for you against our neighbours from 50 miles down the road. We lost 2-0 the day before at the other side of the park and I'm sure most of you would of been routing for us.

Up the Pool!!!

D

Deleted member 18477

Will you top our 1500 at yours?

If you are staying for the weekend, expect similar hotels 1/3 the price of yours and plenty of vacancies as still not full season yet.

The Pleasure Beach are doing great offers if you are bringing the kids.
The Tower and Promenade area is well worth walking down as it is now state of the art.

If you are here on the p*** with the boys, then the usual Promenade places will be open, but locals never go to the big Promenade pubs as the beer is rancid and well over priced. So town centre Queen Street is where I'd advise.

If you are over 35 then I recommend Ma Kelly's as it caters for all ages, but has cabaret shows 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and £2.40 a pint of lager is average price in town centre pubs and bars.

South Shore is rough and ready, but you will be fine.

There are dozens of gay bars too if you like that sort of entertainment and they have their own area of town.

Unlike Brighton, you will be welcome in every pub even if there is more than two of you.

As for the match obviously we both need to win, but if we don't, I expect our season will be in big trouble, but a draw looks favourite.

Look out for my pics next week, I'll take loads of the away fans as I always do.
Have a great trip up folks and maybe will meet some of you in the pubs after the match.
It is St Patricks day and we will be in Ma Kelly's and other town centre bars.

Up the Pool!

you're as bad as the palace lot. pathetic.

your ground is a f***ing shithole and so is your town.

i hope we batter you and wreck your season!

ian holloway can shut up as well. the knob! i actually liked him and blackpool last season.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Jesus Christ, what is wrong with people on here?

A rival fan comes on with a friendly post, some useful advice and (at worst) some very mild banter and he gets a torrent of abuse for his trouble.

People are either unbelievably precious, or just enjoy hurling abuse for no reason which is pathetic.

And on the gay bar point, I didn't read that as suggesting we're all gay, but that some of us might be - which is true. If we reach a point in football where it's automatically assumed that a certain percentage of supporters and players is gay then that will be a thoroughly positive thing.

See you in Blackpool!

D

Deleted member 18477

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with people on here?

A rival fan comes on with a friendly post, some useful advice and (at worst) some very mild banter and he gets a torrent of abuse for his trouble.

People are either unbelievably precious, or just enjoy hurling abuse for no reason which is pathetic.

And on the gay bar point, I didn't read that as suggesting we're all gay, but that some of us might be - which is true. If we reach a point in football where it's automatically assumed that a certain percentage of supporters and players is gay then that will be a thoroughly positive thing.

See you in Blackpool!

this. winding up rival fans just before we play them is fun.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Step 1 - Make snidey comments
Step 2 - Cry when people make snidey comments in return
Step 3- ??

Spot on. I'm sorry but the "1/3 the price" comment was snidey.

As someone else said " that's because the hotels are in Blackpool." No judgment passed at all, I'm sure comparative house prices would be similar.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
this. winding up rival fans just before we play them is fun.

Well whatever floats your boat I guess, but I think there's a difference between amusingly winding people up and just abusing them, the latter of which just makes us all look like twats.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

ian holloway can shut up as well. the knob! i actually liked him and blackpool last season.

Tosser

Why do some people have to act like twats when they see a post from another team.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Bri.

Probably would have spoken to me in the North Stand then! There are some extremely miserable, rude bastards on this forum that will jump down your throat for daring to post here or mention Brighton in any way other than the greatest place on the planet. The price the rest pay for being registered here. Sound advice, hope you lose but have a good day anyway! And don't forget to mug your chairman!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
probably. would he stereotype us as gays to our face?
So, a few of us get off the train at Blackpool, wearing Brighton shirts, and a Blackpool fan tells us where the gay bars are - that'd go down well.

And don't sweat it Blackpoolmad - just explaining why some of us replied the way we did.

Dec 29, 2011

Keyboard warrior. Why don't get get an education, start using some proper grammar and calm the f*** down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here