Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many coming up to the Seaside?

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
Will you top our 1500 at yours?

If you are staying for the weekend, expect similar hotels 1/3 the price of yours and plenty of vacancies as still not full season yet.

The Pleasure Beach are doing great offers if you are bringing the kids.
The Tower and Promenade area is well worth walking down as it is now state of the art.

If you are here on the p*** with the boys, then the usual Promenade places will be open, but locals never go to the big Promenade pubs as the beer is rancid and well over priced. So town centre Queen Street is where I'd advise.

If you are over 35 then I recommend Ma Kelly's as it caters for all ages, but has cabaret shows 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and £2.40 a pint of lager is average price in town centre pubs and bars.

South Shore is rough and ready, but you will be fine.

There are dozens of gay bars too if you like that sort of entertainment and they have their own area of town.

Unlike Brighton, you will be welcome in every pub even if there is more than two of you.

As for the match obviously we both need to win, but if we don't, I expect our season will be in big trouble, but a draw looks favourite.

Look out for my pics next week, I'll take loads of the away fans as I always do.
Have a great trip up folks and maybe will meet some of you in the pubs after the match.
It is St Patricks day and we will be in Ma Kelly's and other town centre bars.

Up the Pool!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Will you top our 1500 at yours?
No, Blackpool is not as nice a weekend away.
If you are staying for the weekend, expect similar hotels 1/3 the price of yours and plenty of vacancies as still not full season yet.
Yes, Blackpool is not as nice a weekend away.
Unlike Brighton, you will be welcome in every pub even if there is more than two of you.
Is that because the place is half empty?
Have a great trip up folks and maybe will meet some of you in the pubs after the match.
Thank you.

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
No, Blackpool is not as nice a weekend away.
Yes, Blackpool is not as nice a weekend away.
Is that because the place is half empty?
Thank you.

Have you any idea how much of a cock the above makes you sound?

The guy was only offering friendly advice.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The guy was only offering friendly advice.
It just didn't sound that friendly, it sounded like a complaint about the prices of hotels down here, and a complaint about pub door policy down here.

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
Some disapointing replies there.

Blackpool is far from empty as the Pleasure Beach will be full to capacity for the weekend and so will the tourist pubs.
With it being St Patricks Day, the pubs will be thriving too.

I never said my town was better, but I'm sure we quadruple the number of tourists, mostly not up there own a&se types, more like British down to earth types that love a good time without pregidice.

Funny really that when we were in Brighton away for the weekend we went in loads of pubs and after the match, we went for the train, saw the massive queue and decided to go back to the North Stand where around 500 BHA fans were drinking and singing. We were in our tangerine shirts and do you know what?
Not one mouthy ******, all very friendly, shaking hands, talking football etc... Then we got the train back to town with 500 BHA fans, all friendly, chatty, drinking in the pubs all night, no bother.

Come on this message board to offer sound advice and even meet for a beer and snide remarks. Why is that?

Anyway, genuinely hope you have a great trip and why not be positive about our town instead? It has so so much to offer especially the Promenade's new features, along with the most stunningly beautiful sunsets you will ever see.

Bri.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

Blackpool is far from empty as the Pleasure Beach will be full to capacity for the weekend and so will the tourist pubs.

I never said my town was better, but I'm sure we quadruple the number of tourists, mostly not up there own a&se types, more like British down to earth types that love a good time without pregidice.

Funny really that when we were in Brighton away for the weekend we went in loads of pubs and after the match, we went for the train, saw the massive queue and decided to go back to the North Stand where around 500 BHA fans were drinking and singing. We were in our tangerine shirts and do you know what?
Not one mouthy ******, all very friendly, shaking hands, talking football etc... Then we got the train back to town with 500 BHA fans, all friendly, chatty, drinking in the pubs all night, no bother.

Come on this message board to offer sound advice and even meet for a beer and snide remarks. Why is that?

Anyway, genuinely hope you have a great trip and why not be positive about our town instead? It has so so much to offer especially the Promenade's new features, along with the most stunningly beautiful sunsets you will ever see.

Bri.
Cheers mate, good advice in earlier post.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
decided to go back to the North Stand where around 500 BHA fans were drinking and singing. We were in our tangerine shirts and do you know what?
That's because we're a friendly bunch.
Because it sounded like a complaint about prices in Brighton and the attitude of the pubs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For example, when you go to other fans' forums before a game, do you post this:
There are dozens of gay bars too if you like that sort of entertainment and they have their own area of town.
or are you just posting it here because we're bound to be gay?

And this sort of comment didn't seem friendly:

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
Give the man a break. If I remember rightly he came on this board and said some excellent things about the stadium, fans etc......after our game earlier in the season.

Cheers for the heads up Bri, and best of luck for the remainder of the season, apart from Saturday of course!

I'll be there on Friday/Saturday, can't bloody wait :banana:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Bri.

I chatted to a few of you in the North Stand after that game. Hope you had a good stay.

I wouldn't worry too much about the remarks on here, only yesterday our own cheerleader girls were described as 'second rate', 'shit' and some of them 'fat', not to mention our top scorer generally getting abuse, as well as our Spanish match winner.

It's got attitude this forum, but you know, that ain't always a bad thing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here