Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] How many are the Tories going to win by?

How many are the Tories going to win by?

• 1-10

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • 11-20

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • 21-30

Votes: 36 18.3%
  • 31-40

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • 41-50

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • 51-60

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • 61-70

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 71-80

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • 81-90

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 91-100

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 100+

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • They will not have a majority

Votes: 53 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
If Corbyn goes, I hope Labour go for someone like Dan Jarvis, Keir Starmer, or Yvette Cooper as leader (assuming she holds her seat, which may be unlikely given this poll), rather than Laura Pidcock, Richard Burgon, Rebecca Long-Bailey, Andrew Gwynne, etc. We desperately need a really strong Leader of the Opposition, offering the sorts of policies that won them three elections between 1997 and 2005. Until his gaffe on Tuesday, I thought Jonathan Ashworth was a strong candidate.

As a lifelong One Nation Conservative, and a strong supporter of Rory Stewart and the other Conservatives who were booted out of the party, while I am glad that Corbyn won't be Prime Minister, I am certainly not going to gloat over this result.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There are a few Tory seats such as Christchurch (Palace country) where they a huge majority such as 70%.

Just wondering why Christchurch is Palace Country? It's just outside Bournemouth!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
McDonell is an odious IRA sympathiser

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The country seems to have voted for a lying , duplicitous piece of shit, what have we become when we allow this to happen ?.

I know I’ve said this before, but I strongly believe that a Starmer or Benn character, with a credible centre-left manifesto and draft budget that adds up, would’ve fared far, far better. As a Remainer, I’d have been very interested in that. I voted for Blair in 1997.

Appealing to angry students, graduates, teachers and have-not’s, isn’t enough to win a GE.

Corbynista’s on here twist the backstabbing knife into the Labour regime of 1997 to 2010, but wouldn’t you personally as a reasonable person, love to be see that type of government win tonight?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I do see eye to eye with you on a lot of stuff, but differ about how to get there.

Ironically where you mention “race to the bottom”, that’s exactly what McCluskey, Corbyn and McDonnell have said about the EU/EC/EEC for 45 years. Handing all the aces to a big business club. They say that struggles in this country gave us all our employment rights, not the EU.

Just a quickie, my daughter was sounding me out for babysitting my granddaughter for when she goes back to work soon after her maternity allowance is used up.... she said she had got friendly with a Polish girl at a local mother and baby group and that she had said that in Poland, Maternity Allowance lasts for 2 whole years on full pay compared to our 39 weeks on full pay, I mentioned this to a Slovak girl I work with and she raised an eyebrow and said " In Slovakia we get THREE whole years on full Maternity Pay " so, employment rights and benefits are not necessarily decided by the EU, probably only minimum standards and members can choose to increase these standards if they so desire.... needless to say, in this country, we probably take the minimum as absolute. After all, we don't want to scare business people now do we ?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I'd suggest you re-read my post and come up with something constructive, of course we can and will have another election, we do this regularly if you haven't noticed.

Can assure you there wont be another election for 5 years if they get a 40 plus majority

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If Corbyn goes, I hope Labour go for someone like Dan Jarvis, Keir Starmer, or Yvette Cooper as leader (assuming she holds her seat, which may be unlikely given this poll), rather than Laura Pidcock, Richard Burgon, Rebecca Long-Bailey, Andrew Gwynne, etc. We desperately need a really strong Leader of the Opposition, offering the sorts of policies that won them three elections between 1997 and 2005. Until his gaffe on Tuesday, I thought Jonathan Ashworth was a strong candidate.

As a lifelong One Nation Conservative, and a strong supporter of Rory Stewart and the other Conservatives who were booted out of the party, while I am glad that Corbyn won't be Prime Minister, I am certainly not going to gloat over this result.

I didn’t realise until Newsnight yesterday, that Long-Bailey is openly a staunch Corbynista and Momentum supporter. She’s often mentioned on NSC as the next PM, but will that political outlook ever be popular?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know I’ve said this before, but I strongly believe that a Starmer or Benn character, with a credible centre-left manifesto and draft budget that adds up, would’ve fared far, far better. As a Remainer, I’d have been very interested in that. I voted for Blair in 1997.

Appealing to angry students, graduates, teachers and have-not’s, isn’t enough to win a GE.

Corbynista’s on here twist the backstabbing knife into the Labour regime of 1997 to 2010, but wouldn’t you personally as a reasonable person, love to be see that type of government win tonight?

I'd just like to see a government that gives hope to the many, Corbyn isn't necessarily the reason labour seems to have lost when an equally divisive and dubious person leads the Tories seemingly to a victory. Sadly it seems that many many people are willing to overlook our Prime Minister's many faults and lies, that is for their own conscience to wrestle with in the next 4 years.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
McDonell is an odious IRA sympathiser

Oh my Beachy, let it go ! Johnson is a racist /islamaphobe but it hasn't held him back.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'd just like to see a government that gives hope to the many, Corbyn isn't necessarily the reason labour seems to have lost when an equally divisive and dubious person leads the Tories seemingly to a victory. Sadly it seems that many many people are willing to overlook our Prime Minister's many faults and lies, that is for their own conscience to wrestle with in the next 4 years.

5 isn’t it?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just a quickie, my daughter was sounding me out for babysitting my granddaughter for when she goes back to work soon after her maternity allowance is used up.... she said she had got friendly with a Polish girl at a local mother and baby group and that she had said that in Poland, Maternity Allowance lasts for 2 whole years on full pay compared to our 39 weeks on full pay, I mentioned this to a Slovak girl I work with and she raised an eyebrow and said " In Slovakia we get THREE whole years on full Maternity Pay " so, employment rights and benefits are not necessarily decided by the EU, probably only minimum standards and members can choose to increase these standards if they so desire.... needless to say, in this country, we probably take the minimum as absolute. After all, we don't want to scare business people now do we ?

Let’s not bracket all business people. There are awful Victorian-style bosses (I worked for one, I could be wrong but haven’t you experienced similar?), and there excellent are employers. Due that experience, I whole heartedly support the employment laws and rights in this country, I’ll admit won by the unions, workers and centre/left MP’s in the past.

On to the future, we have to look forward, how to improve the lives of the less fortunate? Housing - the government must ensure delivery of millions of affordable homes, the promises on minimum wage, the nurses, hospitals, police and infrastructure at schools. Hopefully, without the Commons mess on Brexit, things can actually get done.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
1-0 Labour

:nono:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
FFS

2-0 Labour now

:nono: :nono:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
2-1 now

Get in!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Jess Phillips doesn’t have a whataboutism take on this Labour disaster - Corbyn was a huge reason, as was anti-semitism and the denial of it, and the fairytale Manifesto shopping list that simply didn’t add up.

A great opportunity lost on every level, now not having any say on how this country is managed until 2025.

Many Labour politicians and supporters have admitted this today, it’s vital to humbly and honestly self analyse before a winnable new direction is taken.

Shoe-horning marxist Long-Bailey into Corbyn’s job, supported by the awful Burgon, Rayner, McDonnell and Thornberry will be a vote loser on 2025. Making the Tories eternally happy.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I reckon the fairly recent phenomena of 'shy Tories' will come into play again and the exit poll will indicate an uplift for the Conservatives from that shown in the latest opinion polls.

Combined with the fact that Jezza doesn't really seem to have managed to cut through, I think Johnson will end up with a majority within the 50-60 range.

Called this yesterday lunchtime and I was still 16 seats short of Johnson's overall majority (mainly because I didn't think Corbyn could lose quite so many rock-solid safe seats). Yet the political editor for The Times on the BBC results programme last night said, "I didn't see this coming."

WTF do these people do all day and who do they actually speak to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here