Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Will the Amex Last?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I love the Amex. I love going there, I love watching football there, I love my seat and I generally love the place. However, we know that eventually it will become out dated so how long do we think it will last? I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but it just struck me as a question.

Assuming all is well with the club will we still be there in fifty years? A hundred years? It's obviously a long term home, but just how long will it be till we leave our old home? I'm by no means thinking we should move for thirty or so years (at the very least), but eventually it'll grow old as all things do.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
We don't need to expand it any more then 31,000 and it's a great place, transport isn't the best but will be sorted sooner or later. I can't see us needing to ever move ground again unless there were a full on tragedy where we had no choice but to find a new ground. Amex will hold top flight football in the next year or so :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'll be in the big Amex in the sky by the time its shelf life is overdue... so I don't care!

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I heard the plan was for it to last a 100 years! either way, I will be dead and won't get to experience the excitement anyway :(

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I love the Amex. I love going there, I love watching football there, I love my seat and I generally love the place. However, we know that eventually it will become out dated so how long do we think it will last? I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but it just struck me as a question.

Assuming all is well with the club will we still be there in fifty years? A hundred years? It's obviously a long term home, but just how long will it be till we leave our old home? I'm by no means thinking we should move for thirty or so years (at the very least), but eventually it'll grow old as all things do.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I just hope, without sounding too morbid, that it outlives me by many years.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Hopefully it will last longer than I do.
I don't want to see another "home" be demolished.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING

LONG LONG after we are all departed from this glorious world, my 4yo has a season ticket and went to Withdean a few times perhaps He might see the Amex GO :-(

D

Deleted member 18477

100 years at least I'd imagine. There would be a way of putting more than 31,000 seats IF something magical was to happen and we needed them.

Chelsea only have 42,000 And they've been prem champions 3 times and played several big games there in the champions league.
Stamford bridge underwent a major renovation in the 90's to get it to 42k. If they could do it in the middle of west London we can do it in the middle of nowhere surely. Even if it meant getting a new roof.

Brighton won't have another home for the rest of my life though that's for sure.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Planet Earth will last 15-25 years tops now, that is acknowledged at the highest levels. That is why so many gabillionaires are funnelling money into loss making ventures like football clubs. Killers of millions seeking final slithers of praise. Sadly it rarely works out the way they expect. Good, quite frankly.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
The Goldstone lasted 100 years or so, no reason why this one can't. They could always knock it down and build another one on top, Wembley-style, sending us into exile for a couple of years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here