Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Will the Amex Last?

yoda559

Feb 10, 2012
Newmarket
Planet Earth will last 15-25 years tops now, that is acknowledged at the highest levels. That is why so many gabillionaires are funnelling money into loss making ventures like football clubs. Killers of millions seeking final slithers of praise. Sadly it rarely works out the way they expect. Good, quite frankly.

where the hell did 15-25 years come from. never heard that before!!!!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
with the state of the world at the moment especially with the middle east on tenderhooks and odds on world war 3 dwindling by the minute, i can see the Amex getting bombed by some foregien palace fan. 10 years top, but long enough to see premiership football and champions league.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
with the state of the world at the moment especially with the middle east on tenderhooks and odds on world war 3 dwindling by the minute, i can see the Amex getting bombed by some foregien palace fan. 10 years top, but long enough to see premiership football and champions league.

But if the odds on world was 3 are dwindling that is a good thing isn't it? If they were increasing that would be another matter!

: pedant:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
at the presentation for the season tickets back last year - did not say that 80 years is the average
lifetime.

Is it only me that listens......sort it out you lot!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Looking at some of the steel columns outside the East/North stand-not very long. At the foot of said columns there is already rust appearing...

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCAH9LB4F.jpg With rising sea levels I'd give it about 50 year's so We're led to belive. So all football pitches will be like this.

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
I hope my kids get to visit the Amex with there kids and enjoy the great place. It's so amazing going there after all the years of struggle. Let's hope 100 years at least as it can be expanded easily with modern building etc. 31,000 is a lot for us but sure it could be built even bigger if need be ? Transport would need tweaking tho.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Planet Earth will last 15-25 years tops now, that is acknowledged at the highest levels. That is why so many gabillionaires are funnelling money into loss making ventures like football clubs. Killers of millions seeking final slithers of praise. Sadly it rarely works out the way they expect. Good, quite frankly.

Yeah? Got any sources to back up that ridiculous 15-25 years claim?

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
When i signed my lifetime 1901 debentures, I was told they were my lifetime.

Subsequently amended to lifetime of the stadium, i.e., 50 years.

Funny that, I wondered the same thing when I got the forms back to sign. There's almost a case of misrepresentation when they were pushing the 1901 seats, if a fan were so to be so litigious against the club they love.

Mind you, we were told 1901 would be fine dining, too...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

LOL

what a load of nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here