Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long has Poyet got as manager at BHA?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As long as he wants, when will people learn that the constant hire and fire attitude doesn't work.
Wolves and Blackburn have more expensive squads than us, how's firing their managers working out for them? I literally can't believe the opinions I've read on here.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It pains me to say this, however:

Gus should now leave

I booed the team at the end

Terrible, terrible tactics once again at home. Only CMS up front, no other forwards in the side & we were toothless. As soon as we went one nil down, everyone around me knew that we would not win. 69 league games now since we won from going a goal down. As usual Poyet attempted to change things when we were 2-1, 3-1 down, but too late.

Poyet has taken us so far. No wins in last 5 games, no wins against any team not in the bottom 4.

This is not temporary bad patch. We are plummeting. Maybe 10th, but we will be in the bottom 8 in a months time.

Poyet is the worse manager at finding, bringing in forwards. You would have thought he would have been able to bring in some decent people given his history. Obviously not liked. Zola is class. Poyet is poor.

Long trip back to Bognor. Losing is fine when the team have created & played well. Our side have lost faith in the manager & so have I.

Bloom do the honourable thing & pay up Gus wages. New ideas & new blood needed.

You are a disgrace.

This is a board for fans not spectators

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Have to say i'm starting to agree with the OP.

We look like a sinking ship and Poyet clearly has no idea what to do about it.

Wow

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I think there's a small chance this game could be his last, only if Bloom is ready to pay the remaining wages.

Never won coming from behind at the Amex.
Repeatedly playing a weak formation including only 1 up front.
3 wins out of 17 is it?
I doubt Bloom trusts Gus with his cheque-book either.

Haha, look at your avatar now!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
How on earth is this a rubbish thread?

Should be now a very serious consideration, Poyet is not going to get us any further. Please stop the "he got us to the championship" doesn't matter, we have serious ambitions so therefore should make a strong statement. He cannot be trusted with transfers and our money.

Haha

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm bored of quoting morons on this thread. Just have a read yourself and see some of the nobjockeys who post here.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Some of these quotes rival the ones writing off our playoff hopes as "impossible" with 17 games to go and about 7 points behind Middlesborough.. That thread, once bounced, held one of my favourite quotes from Pork Pie (my sig).

Dec 29, 2011
I think the signing of Ulloa (and possibly Upson) saved Gus' career. We really were half the team without them and the way things were going pre Ipswich-away, Gus' job did look unsafe. I can understand people saying his job was in doubt, however silly it looks now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are a disgrace.
Yep, but sadly he's got company.
Feed me my humble pie, how very wrong I was :D
Very, but if we don't go up (and we probably won't, as there'll be 4 teams fighting for 1 place), will you be back to say the same crap next season when a few games don't go our way?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Yep, but sadly he's got company.
Very, but if we don't go up (and we probably won't, as there'll be 4 teams fighting for 1 place), will you be back to say the same crap next season when a few games don't go our way?

That entirely depends on our formation and tactics, there has been many times where we've been found out. And we stuck to the same formation and trying the same things, so far we've started playing with 2 wingers in a few games, and played well. Ulloa has been a changing factor as well. We finally have someone who can header a ball and hold it up, when I was doubting Poyet it was down to his tactics and formations. A lot of that has changes.

If we return to the same situation, I will be questioning him. But I haven't said he should be sacked, I said it should be a consideration.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That entirely depends on our formation and tactics
So basically, you haven't learnt a thing from your mistakes.
there has been many times where we've been found out. And we stuck to the same formation and trying the same things, so far we've started playing with 2 wingers in a few games, and played well.
We started with 2 wingers against Forest, and we were awful. Kaz came off, Hammond came on, and suddenly we were the better side. There are many variables in a game, how well each player plays on the day, how much luck you have, whether the ref's decisions go your way - when it goes against us it's not simply because we've been found out. Just like Wenger hasn't been found out - he continually gets his below par players into the top 4.

Ulloa has been a changing factor as well. We finally have someone who can header a ball and hold it up, when I was doubting Poyet it was down to his tactics and formations.
Poyet is well aware that Ulloa has been a changing factor, he was trying to get him for 18 months. He knew we needed someone like him, but players that good for under £3m are extremely hard to find, and we simply couldn't go and spend £8m for a striker. The fact it took time to get him doesn't make Poyet a bad manager.

If we return to the same situation, I will be questioning him. But I haven't said he should be sacked, I said it should be a consideration.
Madness. Each to their own.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
So basically, you haven't learnt a thing from your mistakes.

my mistakes? I assume you're a qualified coach - it is my opinion that the tactics and formations weren't up to par.
We started with 2 wingers against Forest, and we were awful. Kaz came off, Hammond came on, and suddenly we were the better side. There are many variables in a game, how well each player plays on the day, how much luck you have, whether the ref's decisions go your way - when it goes against us it's not simply because we've been found out. Just like Wenger hasn't been found out - he continually gets his below par players into the top 4.

I never said playing with 2 wingers is the way to go, I simply said we started mixing things up. Against palace, that was unexpected. As we rarely start with 2 wingers. Forest had a few weeks to prepare against that eventuality, they would have had a scout watching the game, and they trained their full backs for the possibility of playing against Buckley and lua lua. I liked the idea of variety within our formation, otherwise, teams know what to do when we play the same way week in, week out. I am aware of said variables, but how long can we use those excuses...

Poyet is well aware that Ulloa has been a changing factor, he was trying to get him for 18 months. He knew we needed someone like him, but players that good for under £3m are extremely hard to find, and we simply couldn't go and spend £8m for a striker. The fact it took time to get him doesn't make Poyet a bad manager.
I never said he was a bad manager, I said we should consider alternatives. You're looking for an argument that isn't there. In the mean time, we've signed players like Dobbie. Was he really what we needed? I can understand that we needed something, but Dobbie was a huge flop. That IMO, was a mistake, as was Harley etc etc. they've costed us a large amount, and something we shouldn't condone or find excuses for
Madness. Each to their own.

The only madness here is your attempt to try and find an argument. S far it has been fallacious, all you've done is twist what I have said.

Another thing to add, if we don't go up. Then we don't, play offs are a gamble. But how we prepare ourselves next season. We are in a much better position than we are 12 months ago. So that's a mitigating factor in my opinion. As Poyet said, and I completely agree "imagine if Ulloa was here in August". If we don't go up, with the squad at its current state, we would be favourites for an automatic position.

But this is opinion, not fact.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I think the signing of Ulloa (and possibly Upson) saved Gus' career. We really were half the team without them and the way things were going pre Ipswich-away, Gus' job did look unsafe. I can understand people saying his job was in doubt, however silly it looks now.

Christ almighty...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
We are a VAStLY superior team to this time last year. Ulloa is the icing on the cake but Poyet upgraded almost everywhere he could last year and that is noticeable. If we could have got Ulloa in August, we would have done and we'd likely have been Champions (in my opinion).

This thread just shows how fickle fans can be and I can't say how glad I am to be able to sit on my high horse and look back on this thread having not being dragged into it at the time.

I will happily say that there were times when I was not massively happy with the results at times this season but it's clear to see that Gus is a progressive manager and has been in the main doing the right things. It's not like when Adams was in charge (#2) when everything was utterly wretched and it was blatantly clear the coaching regime was shambolically outdated.

These are good times.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
We are a VAStLY superior team to this time last year. Ulloa is the icing on the cake but Poyet upgraded almost everywhere he could last year and that is noticeable. If we could have got Ulloa in August, we would have done and we'd likely have been Champions (in my opinion).

This thread just shows how fickle fans can be and I can't say how glad I am to be able to sit on my high horse and look back on this thread having not being dragged into it at the time.

I will happily say that there were times when I was not massively happy with the results at times this season but it's clear to see that Gus is a progressive manager and has been in the main doing the right things. It's not like when Adams was in charge (#2) when everything was utterly wretched and it was blatantly clear the coaching regime was shambolically outdated.

These are good times.

I completely agree, I've put my hands up and said I was wrong. But some people like to argue even when people have put their hands up.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Pessimism, prejudice against people with a 2011 NSC start date (obviously that means they've only supported the Albion for 2 years) some people really made a tit of themselves on this thread.

Highlighted how fickle some fans can be these days. It's impossible to win every match & every team has a bad spell. Doesn't mean managers have to be sacked. Get a grip for f***s sake!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here