Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long does it take your wife/partner to say goodbye to friends.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
When it's decided we are leaving I open another beer, I pretty much always manage to finish it before she's ready to really leave.

That made me laugh because its exactly what I do !

Yup, me too. Especially in the pub. Mrs P will usually say something like "we'll go after this drink" to which I reply fine ok, then go and get myself another pint.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Does she hide upstairs then burst into tears when she has to leave? One of my daughter's friends used to do that.

I'd say that's a given (bearing in mind who she's left with). I'd imagine she does the very opposite though (i.e. whoopin' & a hollerin' and dancing in the street) when the pompous bald & unread **** clears off for the day. :thumbsup:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
They do the same on the phone, sometimes saying goodbye on the phone takes her longer than the original phone call.

I used to think that years ago when people had only one landline it was in the hall because it was the easiest place to run the line to, now I realise it was so everyone else could carry on living while one person says goodbye for an hour to another person who they are seeing the next day!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It's absolutely not just women.

My ex Father in Law would sit in silence all evening whilst the rest of the family chatted away. Once everyone stood up to go he would then strike up conversations for about an hour. First standing in the lounge, then gradually creeping towards the door and then on the doorstep.
I would start going dizzy with anger and found I had to walk away and just leave them talking.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Sometimes when i'm standing in the atrium and my girlfriend and her sister yabber in Spanish excitedly for about 5 minutes, the volume with each unknown word rising, i sometimes think i wouldn't mind her being in a small accident - you know something like a fall down an unsafened manhole cover that gains us a hefty pay-ff and her a state of lifelong claustrophobia that includes lurking in hallways - that left her in a wheelchair so that i could wheel her out and the sister would have to follow us up the road to finish their adioses.

spanish women take this to a whole new level.

two spanish women "pop out for coffee" - cue 5 hours of shouting at eachother....no, it's not an argument....it's a friendly chat!......and the token "que diiiiiiiiiiiiiiice" "claro, claro"....drive me nuts......100% of all spanish girls are now written off as any sort of potential future girlfriend......period......they are from another galaxy.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Its worse in winter. My Mrs will stand, with the front door wide open, saying goodbye to her mum for at least 10 minutes.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Word of advice, never get in the car and drive off without her. It might relieve the immediate frustration, but the long term implications can be dire.

:nono:

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
this is a similar dynamic to shops / supermarkerts with women......they browse and look at everything...drives me nuts.....ive walked out of about 8 supermarkets in my life when with a partner - full trolly- just walked off.....

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
It took mine over 11 minutes to complete this yesterday. No more than 7 of her friends present and they had been jawing all afternoon. She kissed one woman goodbye, who she later admitted she had no idea who she was.

It really gets on my nerves.

11 minutes,is that all!

that's bordering on being rude down here

half an hour is considered quick

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
My other halfs family are very traditional when it comes to gender roles. The blokes will all sit in one room with Sky sports on barely speaking unless its about work or cars or music from the 90 s my bird and her cousins, aunts, mums etc. rattling on for hours about utter tish.

Either way its pretty dire and to be avoided at all costs.

Maybe I should just invest in one of those silicone doll women that awkward geeky asperger men seem to enjoy so much. Real women are just too tedious once the initial interest wears off. Or maybe I could be a gay. Then I wouldn't have to worry about my feelings being discussed and month end madness.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Slightly different but I can take my wife to coop for her to buy just milk and bread for example and yet she will come out of the shop after at least 10 people who go in after all of which appear to have done a weeks shopping to her 2 items. And most are old and infirm.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Managed to persuade my girlfriend to leave a party via a side gate last night. Avoided us traipsing through the kitchen which would have involved at least ten separate goodbyes.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I've known blokes who are just as bad at getting out the door and have to find all their mates and slap them on the back/give them a hug first, especially if they've had a few beers. Just saying.

This is a sexist lie!:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here