Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long does it take on the Tube from Victoria to QPR?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
and "Battersea" pronounced "South Chelsea".....

Happens down here. Many residents of the northern part of Sussex claim to live in "Maidenbower Village" rather than "Crawley".

theboybilly

I think Billy meant that getting into the ground itself can take 20+ mins from when you join the queue, not that the tubes run slow.....

I was indeed thinking of the queues getting into the ground. I've heard that all visiting supporters have to use Turnstile 2 in Ellerslie Road these days. The other turnstiles for the School End are not in use. It's just something I was told by a Fulham fan at work.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think it's fairly obvious his generic "Clapham" was actually meant to be Clapham Junction, but, you know, always nice to see someone takes the time to think about these minor details.

To be honest it annoys me too. Especially when someone is trying to ask for directions.

Both have a Falcon pub near their respective stations. I dread to think how many blind dates have been ruined.

To confuse things even more there is now a direct train between the two areas.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
To be honest it annoys me too. Especially when someone is trying to ask for directions.

Both have a Falcon pub near their respective stations. I dread to think how many blind dates have been ruined.

To confuse things even more there is now a direct train between the two areas.
wheres it between CG ? clapham jct and clapham high st ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
wheres it between CG ? clapham jct and clapham high st ?

Yeah, via Wandsworth Road.

The line was always there, but I've not lived here long enough to remember it being used. Been running about a year I think, but I've never had the need to use it. Takes 8 mins from Platform 2.

Note on newer maps they've now connected CJ to the tube. There was talk of an underpass to Clapham North - but you need to cross the road obviously.

I think you can't a train from High Street to Victoria anymore. High Street is now part of the "overland".

The name "Clapham Junction" is a London oddity. I can deal with the area being called "Clapham Junction" especially round the station, but Clapham it most definately isn't.

It sounds very very odd for it to be called that.

Last edited:

theboybilly

Yeah, via Wandsworth Road

I think you can't a train from High Street to Victoria anymore. High Street is now part of the "overland"

This is true. So that they can extend the platforms at Battersea Park they will have to take out the junction at the 'Victoria' end of the station. This will mean no more direct services from Victoria to Clapham High St via Battersea Park. As a consequence London Overground to over the route into Clapham Junction via Longhedge Jct...in Battersea :facepalm:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Try the overground from Clapham Junction to Shepherds Bush 12 minutes, much less hassle than the tube.

I would agree with that and the trains run every 7-10 minutes. Trains usually leave from Platform 1, but best to double check when at Clapham Junction.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I would have thought you could just borrow one of these.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yeah, via Wandsworth Road.

The line was always there, but I've not lived here long enough to remember it being used. Been running about a year I think, but I've never had the need to use it. Takes 8 mins from Platform 2.

Note on newer maps they've now connected CJ to the tube. There was talk of an underpass to Clapham North - but you need to cross the road obviously.

I think you can't a train from High Street to Victoria anymore. High Street is now part of the "overland".

The name "Clapham Junction" is a London oddity. I can deal with the area being called "Clapham Junction" especially round the station, but Clapham it most definately isn't.

It sounds very very odd for it to be called that.

Its called Clapham junction because when the station was built battersea was a lot rougher than Clapham , they thought that adding Clapham to tbe name instead of battersea would encourage more people to use it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I would agree with that and the trains run every 7-10 minutes. Trains usually leave from Platform 1, but best to double check when at Clapham Junction.

Nearly right --- every 15 mins at peak to shep from platform 2 or 17

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here