Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long does it take on the Tube from Victoria to QPR?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No, I can't stand Loftus Road (also I a a complete Jonah there) and I'm up in London again this evening, not sure i want to make a third night of it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Looks like the question has already been answered, but the BEST way for you is from Clapham Junction to Shepherds Bush.

The London Overground service goes from platform 1, but also look out for the Southern Services which go to Milton Keynes (via Shepherds Bush) or direct to Shepherds Bush.

They just happen to go from nearer platforms.

Shepherds Bush Rail Station is directly opposite the Tube - then 1 stop to White City.

Quicker than walking through Westfield.

Outside White City cross over the road - turn right and then first left down South Africa Road.

Ground is 5 minutes walk down there.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Will I need to buy a travel card, or is a return to Shephards Bush the way to go?

Are there any nice eating places on the walk from SB to Loftus Road?

Cheapest way will be an Oyster. If you are getting a Travel Card you DONT NEED ZONE 1 if going that way.

Nice eat ?

Good Luck !

If you have time to spare, walk through the Westfield.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Huh ?!? Slow in what sense ? The tubes run as normal when there's games on there no hold up

I think Billy meant that getting into the ground itself can take 20+ mins from when you join the queue, not that the tubes run slow.....

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
My view of any travel across London is expect about 30 min and allow up to an hour!

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Oh, what an excellent tip. The walk from Shepherd's bush is further than from White City, of course, but overall, it has to be less time, shirley?

Avoid. 4 trains an hour and they are PACKED. Tube every 3 mins, packed but at least you will get on the next one.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I live in north ken so I have done this trip for the last 2 years. As others have said Definitely quickest clapham to shepherds and then 1 stop on tube to white city.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Avoid. 4 trains an hour and they are PACKED. Tube every 3 mins, packed but at least you will get on the next one.

They're not that bad in fact you're more likely to get on a seat on the overground from clapham than you are on central line !! Neither overground nor central will be packed after 7 ... Peak is from about 5.30-7

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Not true at that time in the evening going north.

To put this into context.. either go into Zone 1 central London (the wrong direction) and do a left turn at Oxford Circus.

Or...

Get a train from Clapham Junction taking you in a straight line to Shepherds Bush.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for all the top advice, but I'm officially off the hook now, thanks to the glacial pace at which the criminal justice system operates.

Thank you, Chichester Crown Court: QPR here I come (via Clapham Junction overland) :clap2:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Would the suggestion to be walk from Shephards Bush (doing Overline) or tube it from there to White City?

Not a great deal of difference in reality, the walk takes less than 15 mins through the shopping centret to Wood Lane (not QPR) - add ten mins for that.

If you are pushed for time get the tube. Convenient because the tube is directly opposite the train station and it's ten mins max from Loftus Road.

Unlikely anyone needs to know this - but Wood Lane tube is also very near.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
They're not that bad in fact you're more likely to get on a seat on the overground from clapham than you are on central line !! Neither overground nor central will be packed after 7 ... Peak is from about 5.30-7
clapham high st is the only overground in clapham, it doesnt go anywhere near shepherds bush, however clapham junction, which is in battersea, does.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
clapham high st is the only overground in clapham, it doesnt go anywhere near shepherds bush, however clapham junction, which is in battersea, does.

I think it's fairly obvious his generic "Clapham" was actually meant to be Clapham Junction, but, you know, always nice to see someone takes the time to think about these minor details.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think it's fairly obvious his generic "Clapham" was actually meant to be Clapham Junction, but, you know, always nice to see someone takes the time to think about these minor details.
it was edna, but i come from close by and theres a little bit of a battle going on between the locals who know it as battersea and the yuppies who have moved in who want to call it clapham, and on a site where people can argue over brighton/palace pier and lanes/laine i think im justified :lolol: see the link http://www.lovebattersea.org.uk/

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
it was edna, but i come from close by and theres a little bit of a battle going on between the locals who know it as battersea and the yuppies who have moved in who want to call it clapham, and on a site where people can argue over brighton/palace pier and lanes/laine i think im justified :lolol: see the link http://www.lovebattersea.org.uk/

Clapham pronounced "Clarm"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here