How long did it take YOU to get home from work today?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Victoria to Angmering took me just over 4 hours walking through the door at about 9:00pm.

The trains were a proper mess and I managed to get on the 5:17pm which left late then they cancelled the service and booted us all off at Haywards Heath. There was a train on a different platform which was displaying its destination as Littlehampton but it appeared to be going nowhere. Then finally another Littlehampton train arrived which had come out of London Bridge so we all boarded only to see the other Littlehampton train leave before us!!

I cannot wait to get to Angmering Station at 5:25am tomorrow to see what fun awaits!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I got in 20 minutes ago. I left work at 5.35.

So that's 6 and a half hours it took me to drive from Portland Road in Hove to Ovingdean. 7 miles. On the A259. And the traffic is STILL gridlocked.

I cycle to work every day, but didn't today because of the forecast. I won't be making that mistake again.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Left work (lewes) 5.40.

three trains Cancelled, but still got back to Brighton around 6.40, so not a disaster. Glad I left the car at home today!

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
7.5 hours Redhill to Hove and I was lucky as I just missed the accident which closed 2 southbound lanes near Crawley. Handcross was one lane due to broken down car and they were having to tow cars up the hill by Pyecombe garages. A gritter arrived just as I went through (11.30ish) better late than never but I feel for all those still stuck there or at Handcross. Going to be a long night.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Got the 1657 from London Bridge and arrived at Durrington at about 1830.

I got very lucky. Hope everyone is home by now. Some of my family who work at Gatwick are sleeping there tonight for an early start tomorrow.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
About 20 minutes. In London. No snow. All good.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Still not home and I can't see any opportunity to move anytime soon.

Got the radio on and checking the local news sites it seems like every road is ****ed. Apparently the trains are running on time though!

Still not home and I can't see any opportunity to move anytime soon.

Got the radio on and checking the local news sites it seems like every road is ****ed. Apparently the trains are running on time though!

Where did you spemd the night in the end?

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
I work in an office on an estate in the West Sussex countryside which I returned to after sinking enough beer to not feel the freezing conditions. It's warmish but I didn't get any sleep. I really REALLY want my bed

:(

Hero!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
20 minutes :) Would have been quicker but there were loads of Labour supporters out celebrating their huge election victory by driving round!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports