Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long did it take YOU to get home from work today?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Colleague of mine left Southwick just after 6pm, has bunked down in friends house in Hove at 9pm.

There will be a lot of questions about how just 2 inches of snow has caused this level of disruption.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
20 minutes, double the norm.

Used every rat run in the book to avoid the mega snow bound jams at 5.15ish on roads like Dyke Road Avenue.

Variation on a British Rail theme ... This snow was bloody slippery. Even a few mm on the road led to a loss of traction, and a lot of pranges.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No time at all. I open the door there's my work, I'm a farmer

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
genuinely under 5 seconds

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I sensibly left Durrington at about 4.15 and was home in Hurst at 5. Only the last mile was "interesting".
The Grub, on the other hand, took 2.5 hours to get here from central Brighton by public transport.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
A259 Worthing to Eastbourne, in a terrible state. A259 impassable by Rottingdean. My Mrs sat in the traffic by Ovingdean for 3 hrs before turning around and taking another hour to get to Preston park at my mums house. So 4 hrs from Royal Sussex County to Ovingdean (trying to get to Saltdean), then turned back to try to get to my mums near preston park and that took an hour! Our car has winter tyres on it, so we don't skid anywhere but too many people not able to drive in snow conditions and also the roads werent gritted this time unlike January.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
2 hrs, got a lift from my boss from the marina to as close as possible to the station, 45 minutes later had to walk from the hospital as we were driving sideways and struggling to keep on the road, buses were stuck at the stops ejecting all the passengers. got to the train station and the wait wasnt too bad but the train was packed to the rafters.

as we headed out of brighton station the live rail started to spit electricity up and over the train, the strangest thing i have ever seen and the train kept losing power. a women opposite me said the same thing happened last year and they were stuck between shoreham and lancing for 5 hours. it was quite scary at first, like seeing a lightning strike from mere yards away.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My mum Ashington to Arundel 4 hours 20 mins, not helped by A27 being shut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here