Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Before The Fans Turn on Poyet?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Yes but you fail to mention we would then need to get around 92 points from 40 games to match what they did. Confident ?

Am I confident of winning the league? No. I've never claimed I am.

Do I believe our start to the season gives us reason to worry? No, I don't. Because, as my post (and Reading's start) demonstrates, the first month of the season is utterly irrelevant and absolutely no guide to how the rest of the season will pan out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Make your mind up. Your post was the position after 6 games, ie 40 left and we would need 85 from 40 then to make the 89. Confident ?

No, it wasn't. My posts have been answering questions with facts (bar the one where I agree with El Presidente, though that does include some facts).

The fact is they drew their fist game, won their second, then lost 5 games. That's 4 points from the first 7 games. Leaving 39 games to get their remaining points. It isn't a fact we're going to lose our next 5 games. So, as things stand, we have 44 games to get 88 points to end the season on 89 like Reading.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Well, If we lose against Barnsley tomorrow, I would expect that this thread will be about 200 pages long.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
take you back to 78-79, opening game wrexham away drew 0-0,then on the following tuesday night lost at home to cambridge 0-2

don't imagine to many of the 20k walking out of the goldstone that night thought we'd be playing in the top flight the following season

I think we should at least give Mr Poyet til the end of september don't you?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Brilliant thread this.

Two games played.

This thread is an embarrassment to this board and our football club.

Two games played.

I take last season as a whole, so I don't tag on the end of last season to the beginning of this season.

Last season the aim was, stay up, get a safe and respectable position in the league.

Job done.

This season, I would like us to finish in a better position than we did last year.

Two games played so far.

This thread is f***ing stupid.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Two games played.

This thread is an embarrassment to this board and our football club.

Two games played.

I take last season as a whole, so I don't tag on the end of last season to the beginning of this season.

Last season the aim was, stay up, get a safe and respectable position in the league.

Job done.

This season, I would like us to finish in a better position than we did last year.

Two games played so far.

This thread is f***ing stupid.

oh-the-drama-3.jpeg

boris-johnson-yawn.jpg

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Whatever the fans think, I don't think Mr Tony Bloom would be that hasty - quite the opposite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here