Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How is Liam?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think we'll be OK vs Charlton with Calde at left-back but Derby is a different proposition. For that match I'd go 4-5-1 with Ince covering the centre back and let Dunk double up with Calde out wide left.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
I absolutely do not understand the long silence on Liam's injury. Or injuries in general. Maybe I am a bit naive when comparing English 1st division football to the NBA, the best basketball league out there but most of the time when a player injures himself there, the update on his status pops up couple of minutes after getting him into the locker room.

And to continue my rant on/off the topic - why on earth is there Seagulls Player (and analogues) where you can LISTEN to the game? And if you are lucky get video highlights hours/days later... It's 21st century you know. Would be more than willing to pay for the service if the Player offered live streams (like International League Pass (NBA)). Of course there are legal worries on TV rights etc and worries that stadiums would be empty if you had such service but it's time to sort it out. At least for fans outside UK.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I absolutely do not understand the long silence on Liam's injury. Or injuries in general. Maybe I am a bit naive when comparing English 1st division football to the NBA, the best basketball league out there but most of the time when a player injures himself there, the update on his status pops up couple of minutes after getting him into the locker room.

And to continue my rant on/off the topic - why on earth is there Seagulls Player (and analogues) where you can LISTEN to the game? And if you are lucky get video highlights hours/days later... It's 21st century you know. Would be more than willing to pay for the service if the Player offered live streams (like International League Pass (NBA)). Of course there are legal worries on TV rights etc and worries that stadiums would be empty if you had such service but it's time to sort it out. At least for fans outside UK.

To be fair, it is not always easy to analyse an injury immediately, with swelling etc, though accept it is frustrating for fans, who want to know when we are again at full strength. There is also the issue of confidentiality -players are patients like everybody else, though this is often ignored, granted. And of course we would want to keep other teams guessing as long as possible. Are the immediate diagnoses at NBA always accurate?

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
To be fair, it is not always easy to analyse an injury immediately, with swelling etc, though accept it is frustrating for fans, who want to know when we are again at full strength. There is also the issue of confidentiality -players are patients like everybody else, though this is often ignored, granted. And of course we would want to keep other teams guessing as long as possible. Are the immediate diagnoses at NBA always accurate?
Most of the time the prognosis is spot on, they usually have time-table such as 4-6weeks.
http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nba/all/

I understand that basketball and football are different and players have different injurys. But we live in the time where information is everything and the lack of information (in general) is holding the league back in terms of popularity.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What's to gain by getting the injury news out so quickly?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Most of the time the prognosis is spot on, they usually have time-table such as 4-6weeks.

I understand that basketball and football are different and players have different injurys. But we live in the time where information is everything and the lack of information (in general) is holding the league back in terms of popularity.

(from Last season)
Football League Championship attendance makes it the fourth most-watched league in Europe
English football's second tier achieved a total audience of 9.9m, with an average attendance of 17,847. According to the Football League, only the Premier League, the Bundesliga in Germany and Spain's La Liga are expected to announce bigger numbers this season.

How much popularity do you think the Championship is missing out on because they don't give out injury information as well as you would like - do you think we could move upto the 3rd most watched league in Europe if they did?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

In American sports, a player can go to the locker room - get treated - and then take part in the game, or not. "His return is probable/ questionable/doubtful" etc. In NFL and NHL, they have squads of 3-4 times the amount of players actually needed so no problem if several players are missing at once.
In football, a substitution is final. The player cannot return to the game. Therefore, immediately announcing his status is pointless.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
They didnt show it on the Football League show, but in real time it looked like the Luke Shaw challenge. But he was slapping hands on his way off the pitch without the 'happy gas' on his face, which is good. And if someone on here said he walked back to the bench and no hospital thats an even better sign.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

With all due respect, **** the popularity.

If holding back info about one of our players' injury gains us as a team even the smallest of advantage over opponents then I'm more than happy to be kept in the dark until the club see fit to announce details.

This is not quite America yet, and thank God it isn't :thumbsup:

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
(from Last season)
Football League Championship attendance makes it the fourth most-watched league in Europe
English football's second tier achieved a total audience of 9.9m, with an average attendance of 17,847. According to the Football League, only the Premier League, the Bundesliga in Germany and Spain's La Liga are expected to announce bigger numbers this season.

How much popularity do you think the Championship is missing out on because they don't give out injury information as well as you would like - do you think we could move upto the 3rd most watched league in Europe if they did?
OT

As I said before my rant was more general than just injury updates. Yeah, average attendances are great but try following Football League/Championship/the Albion outside UK and you know what I am talking about.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I mentioned it at the time and watched for it on the FL show yo confirm my thoughts that their goal came about by Liam Rosenior being caught out of position in the middle of the goal leaving he man wide on the right. A left footed left back would have been out wider and squared up to the wide man. Is this the first mistake by Liam?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here