Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How is Liam?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This sounds a lot better than I was suspecting. We need him.

To be fair he didn't make us any weaker today.
Calde did great, but I'm sure we were better with Rosenior on. We were more attacking down the left with him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lose Calde and we are into Chicken time, very worrying

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Think maybe precautionary stretcher and poss 3 - 5 weeks out I'm going to say but clearly we have a nasty habit of players taking three times longer than expected from prognosis to recovery.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Calde did great, but I'm sure we were better with Rosenior on. We were more attacking down the left with him.

Whilst I'll admit Calde did an ok job, we did miss Liam's overlapping play and forays upfield. He dovetails with Jamie Murphy nicely too.

Of course, but it was a solid performance and didn't look out of place for 60 mins in a 2-1 win. Not concerned for Charlton and he is probably a better LB than a makeshift winger which oftens looks unflattering to him. I would be more worried if we didn't have Calde available.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We are lucky to have Calderons quality as a 3rd choice left back in reality. But he is not a patch on Bong and Rosenior, and he will struggle in my opinion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We are lucky to have Calderons quality as a 3rd choice left back in reality. But he is not a patch on Bong and Rosenior, and he will struggle in my opinion.
I agree he's not as good as those two, who are both fantastic, but I'm hoping he won't struggle. At least he'll now have some time training with the squad as first choice player.

The loan window has shut, but are we allowed a 28 day emergency loan?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I agree he's not as good as those two, who are both fantastic, but I'm hoping he won't struggle. At least he'll now have some time training with the squad as first choice player.

I was wondering about this. Not au fait with all the rules and regulations regarding loans.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
.......Shirley......this has be Adam's big (and last chance) to make a fist at being a championship left back !!!!! Come on Adam........! your time has come......

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

No. Only goalkeepers are allowed emergency loans when 2 or more are injured.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Calde is fine at left back as long as the opposition right winger is not quick. The moment he is done for pace he is a liability these days, sadly. Still an Albion legend though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just as an aside ..top marks to Birmingham fans...it seemed all of them gave him a round of applause as he was stretchered off

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Calde is fine at left back as long as the opposition right winger is not quick. The moment he is done for pace he is a liability these days, sadly. Still an Albion legend though.

was great today ,did a great job !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought Calderon came on and did well. Without a natural left footed player we dont get Jamie Murphy going outside enough. For the match against Charlton I would suggest either Calderon and VanLa Parre to fill in on the left of midfield to cover Stephens suspension (5th yellow today I think) and be quick enough to chase a quick winger.

Another option if playing a player out of position how about Dunk there with Uwe back in the middle if fit. Dunk can kick with his left foot.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought Calderon came on and did well. Without a natural left footed player we dont get Jamie Murphy going outside enough. For the match against Charlton I would suggest either Calderon and VanLa Parre to fill in on the left of midfield to cover Stephens suspension (5th yellow today I think) and be quick enough to chase a quick winger.

Another option if playing a player out of position how about Dunk there with Uwe back in the middle if fit. Dunk can kick with his left foot.
4th yellow today. And the threshold for suspension increases to 10 yellows now. I think that the only player at risk today was Greer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I though that Stephens and Kayal were both on 4 yellows a few weeks back and Katal got his 5tth and a 1 game suspension, so assumed this was Stephens 5th. Just checked with soccerbase it is his 4th so no panic next week also Cut off date for FL is today,

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That sounds promising.

Crofts walked off the pitch after rupturing his cruciate ligament last time round.

Not saying that's what he's done, but don't read too much into a player being able to walk (other than being confident no bones are broken!).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

No. Only free agents now possible until Jan 1st.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here