Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HOW is Deal Or No Deal STILL on?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I mean the format has remained IDENTICAL since its inception and surely after a couple of people have won big prizes from it the show rapidly becomes rather boring, no?

It just seems to always be on telly and Noel is getting more and more unbelievably caught up in it all, begging people to believe that this cheapo daytime game show is this massively important "dream factory" as he so calls it, in a pathetic nod to the Old Trafford marketing men who like to call Manchester United's home the "theatre of dreams" which is entirely vomit inducing.

I genuinely think Noel Edmonds has gotten so engrossed in it that he genuinely believes he is this caring man of the people gatekeeper to potential untold riches. No mate, you're a creepy old man with a beard presenting a piss poor daytime tv game show.

Exactly WHO is watching this drivel?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is there is no real SKILL involved in the game. Its not like you have to answer questions or anything.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I always thought it was rubbish, because there's no skill element to it, but just watch it! I can't believe how engrossing it is. It is mesmeric.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"Blue! Blue! Blue!"

The only good thing about watching that show was watching the real money grabbing types going away in tears with a few quid as all hopes of buying a villa in Spain crumbled around them. Surely the contestants are all dole-ites and pensioners, I know they film more than one show a day, but some of them seemed to be on there for weeks and still didn't end up getting into the hotseat - who has that much time in their lives?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How is The Weakest Link still on?

Been on MUCH longer, possibly an even MORE boring premise, and MUCH less money involved.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
They are both the worse shows i've ever seen. And Deal or No Deal has to Countdown being on far too early

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I watched an early edition of this and am ashamed to say it took several minutes for the penny to drop & realise it was a GUESSING GAME requiring no skill whatsoever:blush:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What a SENSATIONAL 8-box... 6 REDS and only 2 BLUES!

He's gonna get a BIG offer... maybe even the Banker's favourite... £26K ?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I agree the programme has no skills required, but i must admit, i always watch it when i'm home at that time, whatever you want to say about Noel Edmonds, he does have a knack of making a programme with absolutly no content, sort of watchable.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not quite... £22,000 for a few minutes random box-picking. WOW.

Will he go on? He's doing a SWEEP to find out what the east and west wings think!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I agree the programme has no skills required, but i must admit, i always watch it when i'm home at that time, whatever you want to say about Noel Edmonds, he does have a knack of making a programme with absolutly no content, sort of watchable.

Not for me I'm afraid. Last had any desire to even test what he was doing was when he had Mr Blobby with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here