Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How have Brighton paid for the new stadium and academy ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Because the STRL only contains details that people want them to publish?

despite all the information given on very secretive people who are on there? when did newspapers require permission? fact is he's clearly been very shrewd and kept things very well hidden.

How the hell did Archer,Stanley and Bellotti not end up being thrown off beachy head? Stitched you lot right up.

TB seems a decent bloke and owner but I suppose it would be more reassuring if you knew exactly where the cash was coming from.

normally you'd be concerned, we've collectivly looked past this question as there is no debt and i dont believe Dick Knight wouldnt have signed over the club if it would lead us to trouble. yes, we take it on trust, but the money has been put forward up front, so the trust is deserved.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That list is hilarious. You really think Tony Bloom has spent ALL his money on the Albion and is now about £80m in debt? OK then.

Bloom's a billionnaire. I don't pretend to be ITK about pretty much anything on this site, but in this instance I have a pretty good source.

Yep THIS

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
despite all the information given on very secretive people who are on there? when did newspapers require permission? fact is he's clearly been very shrewd and kept things very well hidden.

. .

That was my point exactly. Nothing to do with papers and all to do with TB being very sensible.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We lost £4 mill last season, but with the sales of players in pre season, that would have almost covered the predicted loss for this season. The Zaha money could cover the losses for the next 2 seasons, but if promotion happens ..... ???

The sale of players in pre season covers the increase in playing budget for this season and some losses. Parish said on HOL radio the playing budget was being increased by £40k a week (£2M for the season). Palace fans are conveniently forgetting this and it logically implies the losses for this and last season swallows up half of the Winnie money.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
'Yep this' as in you also have a pretty good source that TB is a billionaire or 'yup this' as in you also struggle with the concept of net wealth? ???

He means the former. I have heard similar from a source who is well-placed to know in the City and from another Brighton fan who knows other well-connected people.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Excuse me but I seem to recall a rule about Palace trolls not being allowed to start wind-up threads. You'd need to have the brains of Mongo aka we-8-Brighton not to see this as a fishing thread.

Easy tiger. I'm not fishing at all. I like a bit of banter and wind up of course but I am genuinely interested. You have had your share of scumbag owners as we have and I wondered what the deal was now. You seem to have had all your financial prayers answered and twice before we thought that was the case and it couldn't have been further from the truth.

In my experience football club owners are a shady lot in general, but you have a good new stadium and an impressive academy building so much as i hate to say it, it all looks good. It's easy to look back at Goldberg / Jordan and despair / laugh, but at the time it looked rosy... I guess time will tell for the Bloom reign !

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
easy tiger. I'm not fishing at all. I like a bit of banter and wind up of course but i am genuinely interested. You have had your share of scumbag owners as we have and i wondered what the deal was now. You seem to have had all your financial prayers answered and twice before we thought that was the case and it couldn't have been further from the truth.

In my experience football club owners are a shady lot in general, but you have a good new stadium and an impressive academy building so much as i hate to say it, it all looks good. It's easy to look back at goldberg / jordan and despair / laugh, but at the time it looked rosy... I guess time will tell for the bloom reign !

stop. Being. Rational.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
stop. Being. Rational.

:lol: I'll see if I can come up with the word tinpot somewhere because hey who doesn't like being called that ? Hey I just did !

So is Bloom a billionaire then, and what with not being a sheikh or a Russian ogliarch (I presume), how on earth did he manage that ? Is he just really f***ing good at poker ??

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The reasons why I trust Bloom are (a) long terms family involvement, (b) if he wanted to make money off the £150m or so he's invested in infrastructure so far- there would be much safer bets and (c) he's brought in his personal high up advisors to the boardroom.

Brighton are in very good hands.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
:lol: I'll see if I can come up with the word tinpot somewhere because hey who doesn't like being called that ? Hey I just did !

So is Bloom a billionaire then, and what with not being a sheikh or a Russian ogliarch (I presume), how on earth did he manage that ? Is he just really f***ing good at poker ??

Gambling is just a past time you don't make £150m off poker.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
He means the former. I have heard similar from a source who is well-placed to know in the City and from another Brighton fan who knows other well-connected people.

So no real evidence that he's a billionaire other than unnamed sources.

OK I'll leave it at that. I'd hoped for some sort of explanation as to why the Football Rich List figure was so wrong, but the only explanation provided is because unnamed sources say so.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

He is a mathematical genius , gives the gambler an advantage. Tony used to work for Victor Chandler analysing the Far East markets (not behind the counter in a bookies :lol:) and set up PremierBet in 2002 which he flogged in 2005. Nobody apart from his family and accountants know how much he is truly worth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here