Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How excited are you about tomorrow?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Not excited, more apprehensive which has been apparent since about the 3rd game in when I expect us to lost because let's face it, we are bound to lose at some stage. Also because we haven't been actually very convincing in our wins, makes me think a loss is just around the corner. So no, not excited at all, there will be a sense of relief if we nick it today or get a draw.

It just feels like we have been incredibly lucky with quite a few decisions going our way that at some stage it's going to bite us in the arse!

My next game I'll be going to is Wolves as unable to attend due to working overtime until then. As always I will be on tenterhooks until the final whistle, I hope we have a nice winning cushion long before the end as I have no fingernails left!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not excited, more apprehensive which has been apparent since about the 3rd game in when I expect us to lost because let's face it, we are bound to lose at some stage. Also because we haven't been actually very convincing in our wins, makes me think a loss is just around the corner. So no, not excited at all, there will be a sense of relief if we nick it today or get a draw.

It just feels like we have been incredibly lucky with quite a few decisions going our way that at some stage it's going to bite us in the arse!

My next game I'll be going to is Wolves as unable to attend due to working overtime until then. As always I will be on tenterhooks until the final whistle, I hope we have a nice winning cushion long before the end as I have no fingernails left!

This is close to where i am, although i am excited too. Its a good team but just feels like its had the rub of the green for a while. I fully expect to be brought down to earth at any game but hope desperately that its not the next game, whatever that is.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Or alternatively it could all come together today as we clearly have the ammunition.
You need that luck and decisions as part of a successful season.
We are not top for no reason, we are good, many are saying we are the best they have played by quite a distance.
We have a squad that is finally playing for each other and the club.
When we manage to put a whole game together at our best, watch out.
2 things though, I wish the fans would really get behind them from the off, it makes such a difference, and I would like Tomer to put away some of his easier chances that we are creating for him, but at least we are not dependant on 1 striker this season, far from it.
It could be today folks!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Or alternatively it could all come together today as we clearly have the ammunition.
You need that luck and decisions as part of a successful season.
We are not top for no reason, we are good, many are saying we are the best they have played by quite a distance.
We have a squad that is finally playing for each other and the club.
When we manage to put a whole game together at our best, watch out.
2 things though, I wish the fans would really get behind them from the off, it makes such a difference, and I would like Tomer to put away some of his easier chances that we are creating for him, but at least we are not dependant on 1 striker this season, far from it.
It could be today folks!

Let's hope so eh! Yes Tomer is going through a bit of dry patch so it's good to see Baldock and Bobby scoring to make up for it.

I do wonder though the impact of not having King Kayal in the middle today

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Let's hope so eh! Yes Tomer is going through a bit of dry patch so it's good to see Baldock and Bobby scoring to make up for it.

I do wonder though the impact of not having King Kayal in the middle today

I have no problem at all with Mr Crofts.
Kayal is great. We may have to tweak things to adjust but Crofts is a very good player, solid and capable of stepping up and scoring just when we need it, my type of player.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

This is close to where i am, although i am excited too. Its a good team but just feels like its had the rub of the green for a while. I fully expect to be brought down to earth at any game but hope desperately that its not the next game, whatever that is.

I get an element of that, particularly in a week where we've come away with 6 points when it could easily have been just 1 or 2 but you know that old "it all evens out over the course of a season" - well it's evened out over only a few weeks. We should have beaten at least 2 of Wolves, Bolton and Cardiff but conspired to draw all three. To then win two games that could have been draws feels like some short-term justice playing out.

And we HAVE dominated many games - we've just not been able to convert our dominance in the form of possession and chances into goals. Even against Bristol City, Hemed put a free header wide and Baldock had two golden chances to score and put us into a commanding lead. As such, you could equally argue that we have been unlucky this season (or, at least, profligate).

Chin up!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I get an element of that, particularly in a week where we've come away with 6 points when it could easily have been just 1 or 2 but you know that old "it all evens out over the course of a season" - well it's evened out over only a few weeks. We should have beaten at least 2 of Wolves, Bolton and Cardiff but conspired to draw all three. To then win two games that could have been draws feels like some short-term justice playing out.

And we HAVE dominated many games - we've just not been able to convert our dominance in the form of possession and chances into goals. Even against Bristol City, Hemed put a free header wide and Baldock had two golden chances to score and put us into a commanding lead. As such, you could equally argue that we have been unlucky this season (or, at least, profligate).

Chin up!

Blimey Bozza your mojo really is well and truly back isn't it!

I'll try my best to be more excited!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Yep.

In the Argus:

Huenemeier said: “It is nice to be on the pitch again, of course, and the most important thing is we won the game at the end.

“I thought we deserved it. It was a tough match but we showed a great mentality.

“You see every minute on the pitch the belief in our team.

That will take us a long way. And the Albion faithful can only help in that.

Feb 14, 2010
As we are Brighton fans, we have had nothing but serial under achievement. That is why many of us and fans of other clubs expect it to go wrong. The more they win however, the more winning will be important to the club, fans and most important of all, the players. I hope the players have that mentality of wanting the next game because they want to beat someone else. No fear, just hunger to win. Time will tell if they have that and if they are good enough. The players have achieved a 6 point cushion over 3rd place towards the back end of October. Good start, no actually a fantastic start, but that is all it is. It is all about today and the rest of the season. Promotion is success, not getting promotion is failure and that is the bottom line.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tougher game than perhaps many are expecting. PNE have had a difficult start, as you might expect from a team that came up from L1 via the play offs. But they've picked up a bit lately, have a couple of good wins under their belts in the last week or so, and have Garner back from suspension, so they've reason to be optimistic.

Plus we're never good in games we're expected to win, in my mind, at least. I'm excited, but nervous (as always).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I used to get excited , now it's not that important ,maybe it's just me
regards
DR

Oh, you surprise me.

I think this thread is largely aimed at Albion fans who watch the Albion though, so that's probably why you're experiencing those feelings.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tougher game than perhaps many are expecting. PNE have had a difficult start, as you might expect from a team that came up from L1 via the play offs. But they've picked up a bit lately, have a couple of good wins under their belts in the last week or so, and have Garner back from suspension, so they've reason to be optimistic.

Plus we're never good in games we're expected to win, in my mind, at least. I'm excited, but nervous (as always).

Agree with all of that, but they've only had one win, which clearly was a decent one. Before that they were winless in 9.

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 10.23.33.png

Joe Garner is back but after being rampant last season, he hasn't troubled scoreboard operators this year. He seems to be a bit CMS-y (Baldock-y?): great at League One but the Championship? Not so much.

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 10.25.57.png

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
The "Razzle Dazzle" at Hollycombe steam fair was built just a few years after 1901.
It's exciting, but you simply can't help feeling it might fall apart at any minute.

It adds to the thrill.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agree with all of that, but they've only had one win, which clearly was a decent one. Before that they were winless in 9.

View attachment 69423

Joe Garner is back but after being rampant last season, he hasn't troubled scoreboard operators this year. He seems to be a bit CMS-y (Baldock-y?): great at League One but the Championship? Not so much.

View attachment 69424

Thought they'd just had two wins in a row. My bad. Thank you :)

Feb 14, 2010
The "Razzle Dazzle" at Hollycombe steam fair was built just a few years after 1901.
It's exciting, but you simply can't help feeling it might fall apart at any minute.

Yep, that's what doing sod all since 1983 and before that 1910 does for us. Why should we "believe"? Certainly fans of my vintage have no reason to do so. A such, I also more than half expect it all to fall apart - it's part of a Brighton fans make up. Lets hope the players are good enough and have that desire needed to take us up. Winning should breed a desire to win more but are they good enough? We shall see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here