Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How excited are you about the Euros?

How excited are you about the Euros

• Total voters

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I can't be bothered with international football until it comes to the big tournament finals.
But when they come along, what's not to like?

I will definitely watch all England/Poland/Italy games.
If Bobby/Tross/Velts/Zeqiri make the starting 11s I will be watching their games.
I will probably watch most Scotland/Wales games.
I will probably watch most other Group D/F games

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
As a point if interest how many players have Leeds got playing. I know Phillips is there but others?

seven.

phillips - england
robin koch - germany
diego llorente - spain
liam cooper - scotland
mateusz klich - poland
tyler roberts - wales
gjanni alioski - north macedonia

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Right now I’m full on ‘meh’ because I don’t think GS could motivate anything or anyone to perform from an England perspective.

The only reason I’m not a zero is because there is some tangible Albion involvement to get interested in plus the expansion this time around means it lasts as long as the World Cup. I always felt short changed going from the groups to 1/4 finals in one go.

Once it gets going I might be more excited but we’ll see!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
With a mean score of 4.6 so far (201 votes cast), it would appear that NSC is neither overwhelmed nor underwhelmed at the prospect of the Euros.

Are we simply whelmed?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Am trying hard to be. Have to say more excited to see Albion players than the England team but will be cheering the Brighton wanna-be side on. Just amazed we name injured players like slabhead ahead of better players like Dunk who are used to the style. The Waistcoat is the problem style wise and it not fitting the players picked, not the players themselves.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I didn’t even realise England were playing, I don’t know who’s in England’s squad - I really don’t care. I’ll be watching Emmerdale instead - England are shit they never win majors so I’m not interested. Southgate is shit because he didn’t choose Dunk. We always lose as soon as we’re up against anyone good. I hate football and my country and I hate anyone who plays for England. I’ll be supporting the Albion players. I hate life & love moaning etc etc etc

0 for me.

#Sheep

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I didn’t even realise England were playing, I don’t know who’s in England’s squad - I really don’t care. I’ll be watching Emmerdale instead - England are shit they never win majors so I’m not interested. Southgate is shit because he didn’t choose Dunk. We always lose as soon as we’re up against anyone good. I hate football and my country and I hate anyone who plays for England. I’ll be supporting the Albion players. I hate life & love moaning etc etc etc

0 for me.

#Sheep

The important thing is that I make sure to post in multiple threads about how much I don't care, and wasn't even aware there was a game on, because <insert inaccurate and outdated platitude about English players being overpaid primadonnas etc>.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

0 for me.

#Sheep

You didn’t bother reading the OP. It’s people like you who ruin threads about England and their fantastic footballers and manager. Here’s an idea - start your own thread on it :wink:

Oh and I notice you fecked up on your vote :lolol:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not sure why but my enthusiasm for the national team has waned as I have gotten older. However it remains just as strong for The Albion and grows stronger much to my wife's annoyance

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Some warm evenings with some decent football on is always a good thing in my book

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not sure why but my enthusiasm for the national team has waned as I have gotten older. However it remains just as strong for The Albion and grows stronger much to my wife's annoyance

I find much the same. I think it's a simple mathematical thing of the more times you've seen us fail, the less the enthusiasm. But I'll still be watching our first game and a couple of good performances and I'll be right up there again. You would think I would have learnt by now :dunce:

And Mrs Wz being Scottish has never even experienced the vain hope of an albeit unlikely, but never the less, outside chance of success :wink:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I find much the same. I think it's a simple mathematical thing of the more times you've seen us fail, the less the enthusiasm. But I'll still be watching our first game and a couple of good performances and I'll be right up there again. You would think I would have learnt by now :dunce:

And Mrs Wz being Scottish has never even experienced the vain hope of an albeit unlikely, but never the less, outside chance of success :wink:

My son has moved upto Scotland to be with his girlfriend and before it was announced that a partnership was agreed was going to get a ST for Hibernian as he now has friends who support them

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Why? Did you stop supporting Albion every time a non English manager was appointed?

No, International football is about the best from your nation, I understand its accepted in other sports but not football, apart from developing nations. Not to mention the fact Sven + Capello were the worst managers we've ever had

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Super-excited here :clap:

The reason behind your daily jogging regime suddenly falls into place.... ???

De1WxXMW4AAjk0_.jpg

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Strong 8.

Love a summer tournament. Football on almost every day, barbeques, beers, prediction competitions, arguments.

Someone's star player will get ****ed by injury for about 18 months. Someone will end up buying the tournament's agreed surprise star after it ends for £100 million, who will then proceed to never score again. The Sun, as we speak, are setting out their templates for prayer mats and turning Southgate into a vegetable. And the sweaty socks are going to embarrass themselves on the big stage, once again.

And with *some* fans in the ground it will feel a bit like how life used to feel.

Plus everyone who was too cool to watch England friendlies in February will suddenly remember who they support when the alternative television is a re-run of Love Island :rolleyes:

good summary of my feelings, I hate friendlies (didn't watch Ben's debut) care not for British clubs in Europe (didn't watch champions league and don't care) as its Albion or nothing - I dont even watch match of the day if we lose.

However a good tournament, pubs festooned with flags, cars with flags, shirts being worn everywhere, the general expectation - love it. I have already downloaded a spreadsheet for the scores

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Likewise.

We will lose to Croatia and crawl through, to be beaten by the first half decent team we come up against.

I will watch a few select egames, any involving Albion players, Belgium, and Italy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here