Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How excited are you about the Euros?

How excited are you about the Euros

• Total voters

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
3. Could be higher in the unlikely event of Ben White playing and for Spain matches for same reason.

More excited about us vs. Burnley (= anyone) matches.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Like the Champions League it would be more appealing within a smaller framework. 16 teams in previous Euros was a good number.

As a consequence of shoehorning in an extra round, teams being able to qualify for the first knockout round from third place in a four team group seems ridiculous. Portugal benefited from that in 2016. Fair play to them. Just seems a bit naff. Well, the more nations involved the greater the pile of cash through TV contracts.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
D4A5A283-CCBB-46B9-9886-41FAF8786B58.jpeg

I see [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] hasn’t visited this thread yet to vote 10. :whistle:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Potter IN.

Oh wait, it’s not one of those polls (what is it with you and polls Icy [emoji6]). Obviously I’m excited for the Euros. I love international tournaments. Love 3 games or whatever a day. I usually enjoy even the low tier country games. Bring it on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Strong 8.

Love a summer tournament. Football on almost every day, barbeques, beers, prediction competitions, arguments.

Someone's star player will get ****ed by injury for about 18 months. Someone will end up buying the tournament's agreed surprise star after it ends for £100 million, who will then proceed to never score again. The Sun, as we speak, are setting out their templates for prayer mats and turning Southgate into a vegetable. And the sweaty socks are going to embarrass themselves on the big stage, once again.

And with *some* fans in the ground it will feel a bit like how life used to feel.

Plus everyone who was too cool to watch England friendlies in February will suddenly remember who they support when the alternative television is a re-run of Love Island :rolleyes:

After having been subjected to Big Brother for years, the very words 'Love Island' sends a shiver down me spine. I was asked recently if I enjoyed living on my own now. No thought was required after an image of a night I arrived home from work to find it on and the contestants having a massive argument. It felt like it was happening in my front room. The perils of being a weak willed man kicked in and I endured to its end. It only fueled my loathing of modern celebrity culture.

Big Brother, Love Island etc are up there with tabloid newspapers on my most despised list. The two not being exclusive.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm looking forward to it as I love big international tournaments. I'm not not hopeful about our nation's prospects though!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely love major tourneys. It’s what football is all about. High stakes, high drama. 10/10. Can’t wait for it to start.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Albion but the stakes are so much higher when it’s whole countries against each other.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It’s a 6 for me. I actually like tournament football as the stories and dramas unfold and develop as the competition progresses. My emotional investment in the tournament is not that high to begin with, i’d like it to grab my attention though. With any luck we’ll get some decent games to enjoy.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
England getting to the final will mean most of these votes rise - guaranteed despite the understandable apathy at the moment pre-tournament.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
8 for me

Love getting a few bets on
Doing a fantasy team and having a read through the previews
Few pub sessions booked in with mates I haven’t been able to see much
Football throughout summer
And if England progress it’s get more interesting

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I'm looking forward to something that isn't covid or gov corruption so even if (when) England limp out in the last 16 I'll continue to try and enjoy it all the way through with a nice shandy and, where possible, some human interaction.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Football?

Come on! It is always 10. Even Palace vs Man U is 10. Even Boredom Wood vs Stalybridge Rangers is football.

Maybe it's just me.

Stupid poll. FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here