Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How excited are you about the Euros?

How excited are you about the Euros

• Total voters

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
8, looking forward to more football with fans. Generally enjoy watching non British team games more though, less stressful.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I will watch it and I am sure I will get into it more if the matches are entertaining but I really am a bit down with football in general this year I just don't do 100% TV football.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Very excited. Pretty much saw every qualifying game during the 80s but this is the first time I'll see England play in the finals of a tournament as we got lucky with the ballot for the Czech game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A solid 7. England has some exciting attacking talent, much of the tournament is on home soil and we have Albion representation in the Poland, Belgium and Holland.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
7 for me too.
It was at about 5 but I watched the game the other night and a combination of a decent set of youngsters and Ben White coming on raised my interest.
I'm sure it will raise to 10 once we get going.
If Ben White gets the nod then it will be 12.
If by some twist of fate dunky and Webster end up as emergency call ups then my lounge will become a temple of worship for all things England.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I have got considerably more excited as the tournament approaches - I am now about a 2.

It may continue to increase - add 5 if our Ben makes the squad in the end.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I wish our players well in the Euros just hope no one gets injured as for England not interested but will probably watch them like everyone else

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not quite couldn’t give a monkey’s.

Would like to see the likes of Moder, Sanchez, Trossard and Veltman have a good tournament.......

........ and who knows, maybe even Ben White, but I don’t think he’ll be called in.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I fell out of love with England when Rooney bawled out supporters after the end of England’s witless, goalless draw with Algeria during the South African World Cup. I’ve never really recovered my England mojo since. Even our semi-final in the last World Cup warranted little more than a fatalistic shrug at the time. The addition of Brighton players would certainly help but that’s not likely to happen with Waistcoat at the helm.

Consequently, I’ve not even registered these Euros. No dates in the diary. No plans made. No idea what I’m doing over the key dates. Probably working.

Quite sad really. For me, the major tournaments used to be the summer. Would love to get that sense back but don’t know what it would take for that to happen.

It’s all about the Albion for me these days.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I fell out of love with England when Rooney bawled out supporters after the end of England’s witless, goalless draw with Algeria during the South African World Cup. I’ve never really recovered my England mojo since. Even our semi-final in the last World Cup warranted little more than a fatalistic shrug at the time. The addition of Brighton players would certainly help but that’s not likely to happen with Waistcoat at the helm.

Consequently, I’ve not even registered these Euros. No dates in the diary. No plans made. No idea what I’m doing over the key dates. Probably working.

Quite sad really. For me, the major tournaments used to be the summer. Would love to get that sense back but don’t know what it would take for that to happen.

It’s all about the Albion for me these days.

For me it was when we employed foreign managers

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not talking about England necessarily, maybe you are excited about the Albion players who will be there.

Just a general poll about the Euros not an opportunity to slag off England :smile:

Well?

Not that excited really, when I was younger I would have been all over it, I’m team club before country!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I always used to follow England closely, not being patriotic but they were just my team. They still are but I am kind of so so this Summer.
Now that Albion are Prem League it has changed my view of these player. Rather than heroes I see them as league rivals .Eg. Tne ex Irish "Sockboy", and I think of Harry Kane exlpoiting an Albion tackle to draw a penalty against us .
Also this tournament should not be played ,in my view, during a pandemic and neither the Olympics.
What with the bribed World Cup in Qatar 2022 , i don't kmnow when my England mojo will return ...NB I still will watch some on tv but not with the same excitement

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
not really been bothered.

but the kids have got their wall charts up and are excited to put in every result and all that, some of their enthusiasm is rubbing off on me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
not really been bothered.

but the kids have got their wall charts up and are excited to put in every result and all that, some of their enthusiasm is rubbing off on me.

As a point if interest how many players have Leeds got playing. I know Phillips is there but others?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here