How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mr Hancock is going to have a really bad day tomorrow.

On top of the fake nurse profiles, there are now claims that up to 25% of the virus tests have been giving fake negatives.

I'll be amazed if he is still health minister in 24 hours time.

Bet you one English pound he will be.

Jimmy Grimble

I'd be very pleased with myself for coming up with #BANTHECLAP as it would have nothing to do with 8pm on a Thursday night.

I'd consider attaching that to a disabled, transitioning lesbian nurse who voted remain would be a few steps too far.

Everyone would see right though it, wouldn't they?!? (Seems not)

[emoji38]Well, yes. That particular profile doesn’t seem right but the guy is claiming to have contacted 7 other members of NHS staff who have had their identities used without authorisation.

I think there is something there, I’m not certain exactly what...but there is something dodgy about it all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[emoji38]Well, yes. That particular profile doesn’t seem right but the guy is claiming to have contacted 7 other members of NHS staff who have had their identities used without authorisation.

I think there is something there, I’m not certain exactly what...but there is something dodgy about it all.

It was tricky to filter through the many chains of tweets related to the story, but this Susan was the only example quoted, and done so repeatedly. Which is amazing given it's so obviously a pisstake.

I guess when you're a rabid anti-Tory sniffing blood, your brain stops functioning correctly.

(Before our very own group of looneys unleash their fury upon me, I'll reiterate I don't like Johnson, I didn't vote Tory and I'm concerned we went into "lockdown" too late. That doesn't mean I can't recognise piss-taking though.)

Jimmy Grimble

It was tricky to filter through the many chains of tweets related to the story, but this Susan was the only example quoted, and done so repeatedly. Which is amazing given it's so obviously a pisstake.

I guess when you're a rabid anti-Tory sniffing blood, your brain stops functioning correctly.

(Before our very own group of looneys unleash their fury upon me, I'll reiterate I don't like Johnson, I didn't vote Tory and I'm concerned we went into "lockdown" too late. That doesn't mean I can't recognise piss-taking though.)

Yes I’m not sure how that isn’t being flagged up more-so in the Twitter thread. However, I would say it at least appears that the guy has done some fairly thorough research beyond that one account. And as I said before, whether it has links to the government or not (again, surely not), he might find that someone has been up to something shady.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

On top of the fake nurse profiles, there are now claims that up to 25% of the virus tests have been giving fake negatives.

confused why would a minster be responsible for fake twitter profiles, is the suggestion that he asked for them to be made? similar question for virus test, he certainly needs to look into it, is he directly responsible for test processing? (is that high, normal, a problem with test or procedures??) though if i were him i'd want to get away from this shitstorm.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
confused why would a minster be responsible for fake twitter profiles, is the suggestion that he asked for them to be made? similar question for virus test, he certainly needs to look into it, is he directly responsible for test processing? though if i were him i'd want to get away from this shitstorm.
The minister must be responsible for the actions of his department.

At least they were in times past.

It wouldn't surprise me if he clings on though, as that is more the fashion now.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The minister must be responsible for the actions of his department.

At least they were in times past.

It wouldn't surprise me if he clings on though, as that is more the fashion now.

Notwithstanding this, the gap between the number of tests being carried out and his 100,000 a day by the end of April will do for him, surely? This was the 'you don't win anything with kids' of dodgy predictions - and with rather more serious results.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Notwithstanding this, the gap between the number of tests being carried out and his 100,000 a day by the end of April will do for him, surely? This was the 'you don't win anything with kids' of dodgy predictions - and with rather more serious results.

If Patel can keep hold of her job, so can Hancock. The majority is too high for proper accountability.

Mr Johnson will only get rid of those who conspire against him (although there is growing evidence that Hancock will side with Gove in briefing against the PM’s late lockdown).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Well played!

No need for you to wait to see what the outcome is, you can congratulate yourself on being right now.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

There was another fair point made on Press Preview on Sky News last night about him in a similar vain- his calling for British manufacturers to switch to making ventilators and no cry for PPE.

Hopefully that shipment from Turkey turns up today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well played!

No need for you to wait to see what the outcome is, you can congratulate yourself on being right now.
Who cares about being right ?

I'll have moved on regardless and will just watch it play out.

I have zero trust in the right thing being done, but that is nothing new, nothing has surprised me in politics for a while now. There is no low that can't be lowered.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There was another fair point made on Press Preview on Sky News last night about him in a similar vain- his calling for British manufacturers to switch to making ventilators and no cry for PPE.

Hopefully that shipment from Turkey turns up today.

The RAF plane has taken off from Oxford.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If Patel can keep hold of her job, so can Hancock. The majority is too high for proper accountability.

Mr Johnson will only get rid of those who conspire against him (although there is growing evidence that Hancock will side with Gove in briefing against the PM’s late lockdown).

Indeed Hancock is going nowhere. Its a government of sycophants, toe the line and you will hang on. The problem with this approach it you don't get the best people, critical thinkers are outside the room.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Dept of Health and Social Care's fake nurse profiles were tweeting things like this ? Really ?

( Click for thread)

[tweet]1252352937675776001[/tweet]

How low can they go ?

We saw during the election one of Matt Hancock's aides being " punched " by one of an angry mob , bussed in by the Looney left.... remember that one ? The Aide nearly walked in to the shoulder of someone pointing where Hancock should go !

When you see what happens on the other side of the Pond that purports to be a press conference anything goes, same here it seems.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Now, here's a source I think seems more trustworthy:

Staying out of EU ventilator scheme was 'political decision', not email error, says Foreign Office chief
Patrick Wintour

Patrick Wintour

UK ministers took a political decision not to be involved in an EU ventilator scheme, Sir Simon McDonald, the Foreign Office permanent under-secretary said today, so challenging previous claims that the UK did not take part due to missed emails.

McDonald was asked by a Labour MP, Chris Bryant, at the foreign affairs select committee whether the ventilator scheme was put to ministers. He said:

It was a political decision. The UK mission (UKREP) briefed ministers about what was available, what was on offer and the decision is known.

His remarks appear to blow a hole in the case originally made most prominently by the Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove.

McDonald also said the prime minister will consider in the next few weeks whether to go for an extension of the deadline for EU withdrawal date beyond December. He said he was stressing the theoretical possibilities, and added he believed the prime minister will confirm the existing timetable.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Now, here's a source I think seems more trustworthy:

Staying out of EU ventilator scheme was 'political decision', not email error, says Foreign Office chief
Patrick Wintour

Patrick Wintour

UK ministers took a political decision not to be involved in an EU ventilator scheme, Sir Simon McDonald, the Foreign Office permanent under-secretary said today, so challenging previous claims that the UK did not take part due to missed emails.

McDonald was asked by a Labour MP, Chris Bryant, at the foreign affairs select committee whether the ventilator scheme was put to ministers. He said:

It was a political decision. The UK mission (UKREP) briefed ministers about what was available, what was on offer and the decision is known.

His remarks appear to blow a hole in the case originally made most prominently by the Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove.

McDonald also said the prime minister will consider in the next few weeks whether to go for an extension of the deadline for EU withdrawal date beyond December. He said he was stressing the theoretical possibilities, and added he believed the prime minister will confirm the existing timetable.

Can be viewed from the horses mouth right here....

[tweet]1252633404690046976[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can be viewed from the horses mouth right here....

https://twitter.com/diogenes1/status/1252633404690046976?s=21
Interesting to see that the champion of Middle England, and a source of moral indignation on so many issues regarding the EU has decided to ignore this heinous cluster **** altogether on its front page.. Quelle surprise!

Daily Mail " 2,700 Cancers Missed Each Week"... Because people are not going to the doctors at the moment... Non story or what?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports