How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
That's a bit provocative, not sure anyone has said the government are the enemy. Your problem seems to be that you can't stand anybody holding the government to account for their decision making.

No.
The government will have questions to answer and rightly so, and I agree, Cheltenham should have been cancelled, pubs should have been ordered to close earlier, mistakes have been made but hindsight is a wonderful thing, let us all just hope that we, as nation will defeat this virus together.
There is no political traction to be gained from sniping and finger wagging.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No.
The government will have questions to answer and rightly so, and I agree, Cheltenham should have been cancelled, pubs should have been ordered to close earlier, mistakes have been made but hindsight is a wonderful thing, let us all just hope that we, as nation will defeat this virus together.

just so i know, what's the difference between; sniping and finger wagging, and holding the government to account?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
No.

FFS - Cheltenham, football and pubs were a massive massive mistake, and plenty on NSC said so at the time, and not with the power of hindsight.

It’s not political, it’s not blue vs red, it’s fact, massive mistakes were made... which even the great and good of NSC could see.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
FFS - Cheltenham, football and pubs were a massive massive mistake, and plenty on NSC said so at the time, and not with the power of hindsight.

It’s not political, it’s not blue vs red, it’s fact, massive mistakes were made... which even the great and good of NSC could see.

Good for you.
I am glad the great and good of NSC are on point.
Hopefully in the ensuing debrief COBR will consult NSC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Good for you.
I am glad the great and good of NSC are on point.
Hopefully in the ensuing debrief COBR will consult NSC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hilarious...

If the idiots on here, and yes that includes you and me, could see errors were being made then I ****ing hope COBR could too.

To be honest the best people to have run a situation like this would probably have been the army, although they may have seen the vulnerable as collateral damage, I could see them running the logistics of things a lot better.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Dept of Health and Social Care's fake nurse profiles were tweeting things like this ? Really ?

( Click for thread)

[tweet]1252352937675776001[/tweet]

How low can they go ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The photo is of a real nurse, who is Greek and not called Susan. Misappropriation of identity as well as misinformation.
In any sane times the minister for Health and Social Care, Mr Hancock, would have to go for this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Up to the same old tricks.

( Click for threads, and full details )

https://twitter.com/jdpoc/status/1251185888434028545?s=19

https://twitter.com/jdpoc/status/1252266724449230848?s=19

Disgrace.

Only that Susan account was clearly an utter pisstake. The bio has it written all over it.

EV0a5KzXkAAPlNp.png

(The story mentions c120 other accounts but I can't see any specifics mentioned anywhere)

Jimmy Grimble

Surely no one would stoop that low?

I see the Department for Health and Social Care have categorically denied it.

There’s clearly something fishy about it mind, whether government driven or not, hopefully some investigative journalists really get their teeth into it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Mr Hancock is going to have a really bad day tomorrow.

On top of the fake nurse profiles, there are now claims that up to 25% of the virus tests have been giving fake negatives.

I'll be amazed if he is still health minister in 24 hours time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surely no one would stoop that low?

I see the Department for Health and Social Care have categorically denied it.

There’s clearly something fishy about it mind, whether government driven or not, hopefully some investigative journalists really get their teeth into it.

I'd be very pleased with myself for coming up with #BANTHECLAP as it would have nothing to do with 8pm on a Thursday night.

I'd consider attaching that to a disabled, transitioning lesbian nurse who voted remain would be a few steps too far.

Everyone would see right though it, wouldn't they?!? (Seems not)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports