Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? June edition

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Very Good

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Good

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Average

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 98 72.1%

• Total voters

The removal of the senior nursing official for refusing to support Cumming's actions shows how little they care about honesty. And, don't forget, Johnson said, and he actually believes, that he and the government have done a good job!

THAT, is the worrying thing. Does he really believe they've a good job or is it simply that any government will never admit to failings(when lives are lost). As an example they admit they got it wrong ie the windrush scandal, but a health issue where thousands have died is another matter. I noticed in Italy the prime minister is facing some enquiry along with local officials.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I'm confused by the 6 (atm) votes for 'superb' can anyone explain? I'm genuinely perplexed.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I'm confused by the 6 (atm) votes for 'superb' can anyone explain? I'm genuinely perplexed.

Either a wind up or some really odd people ! It's a shame this isn't an open poll where those who honestly think that what we have and have seen is a 'superb' result and can vote in anominity. Would be interesting to see where opinions have changed and who has remained 'loyal' to this obscene outcome.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
THAT, is the worrying thing. Does he really believe they've a good job or is it simply that any government will never admit to failings(when lives are lost). As an example they admit they got it wrong ie the windrush scandal, but a health issue where thousands have died is another matter. I noticed in Italy the prime minister is facing some enquiry along with local officials.

I think its all about kicking it in to the long grass and the future, there will have to be an inquiry, it will be a very long inquiry and I'm willing to bet that Johnson and his cronies will be long gone by the time they are held responsible.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The whole of the UK is in meltdown.

I would suggest very well

Disruptive change. Cummings is rubbing his hands together.

Word of warning to conservatives: this is the absolute opposite of conservatism. Who knew?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Disruptive change. Cummings is rubbing his hands together.

Word of warning to conservatives: this is the absolute opposite of conservatism. Who knew?

They don't care as long as they get to stay in power. That's all it's become about for them now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They don't care as long as they get to stay in power. That's all it's become about for them now.

The political cycle....get to 10 years for one party and it is all it is ever about.

Cummings' disruptive change, however, is novel for a sitting government. People will quickly forget 'they' have been in charge for 10 (it will be 15 by the next electon) years and think this is all new.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The political cycle....get to 10 years for one party and it is all it is ever about.

Cummings' disruptive change, however, is novel for a sitting government.
People will quickly forget 'they' have been in charge for 10 (it will be 15 by the next electon) years and think this is all new.

Spot on. This point bears repeating over and over again. This lot are a mile apart from Cameron's hug-a-hoodie, international development-spending, husky PR offensive lot.*

* This doesn't constitute a defence of austerity, Osborne, et al, merely a recognition that they had very different priorities.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
The term "wibble-wobble" is probably endearing when spoken by a 4-year old child.

Not coming from a mature adult in a serious business setting whilst discussing the most important issues that have befallen the world.

But then, that is what we have become used to from the Prime Minister of this nation.

Has the man got no self respect, or respect for either parliament or the British people?

And while I'm at it, here's another entitled Tory - anyone know who he is?

HoC 17 June - 1.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The term "wibble-wobble" is probably endearing when spoken by a 4-year old child.

Not coming from a mature adult in a serious business setting whilst discussing the most important issues that have befallen the world.

But then, that is what we have become used to from the Prime Minister of this nation.

Has the man got no self respect, or respect for either parliament or the British people?

And while I'm at it, here's another entitled Tory - anyone know who he is?

View attachment 125000

Looks like Desmond Swayne but can't be sure..

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Looks like Desmond Swayne but can't be sure..

Trouble is that it could be any one of about 50 of them: time-serving/ghastly Tories from the shires/ Brexiteers bleating from the backbenches/ blind to the utter awfulness of their current leader (and cronies)/ frog marching the country over a cliff while swathed (or Swayned) in a union flag.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Matt Hancock with a practical demonstration of social distancing at its finest.

0a034bf6-5510-4869-9dd5-2ae6d0dea464.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes, I'd plump for Desmond Swayne too

He does have form in this area, below was from 2018

TBH, it just exemplifies a level of arrogance from the Tory "double breasted suit brigade", they know they will never lose their seat and just couldn't give a flying f&&k what joe public thinks. Just so out of touch

Capture.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here