Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? June edition

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Very Good

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Good

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Average

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 98 72.1%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
For those who thought Rory Stewart would be a lame leader of this country. Here he is on March 12th... Shame really.

[Tweet]1238085538957139968[/Tweet]

A wasted opportunity for Britain

I remember watching the debates back during the election campaign, the only one that told the truth, the only one with realism, the only one with pragmatism, instead lies and pure fantasy won through.

If he'd been in charge during this crisis he would have still made errors but make no mistake we'd all be in a far better place

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We have the worst death rate in Europe and the worst hit economy in Europe. The Government couldn't decide whether to prioritise life or the economy and ended up trashing both. Today we've had it explicitly laid out by one of the Government's own scientists at the time that if the lockdown had begun a week earlier (as scientists were basically begging the Government to do) the death rate would be half what it is. Half. That's 20,000 people, 2/3rds of the Amex, who would be alive right now who aren't as a direct result of Government policy. Think about when you're at the ground and there's a full house. Think about everyone on the row in front of you, and everyone on the row behind. Now imagine metaphorically that all of those people are no longer alive, and it could have been prevented.

[TWEET]1270734907015409667[/TWEET]

Nah, absolutely superb job he's done. Can't fault it.

The worst death rate in Europe? Not a statement of fact eg Only if you believe Spain counting method ..

EZpqvKJX0AAg3Yx

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1268450746422493184

https://www.ft.com/content/77eb7a13-cd26-41dd-9642-616708b43673

The worst-hit economy in Europe? Not a statement of fact just a guess by an organisation that makes numerous inaccurate predictions.

As for 'Scientists begging the government to lockdown'

SAGE was unanimous that measures seeking to completely suppress spread of Covid19 will cause a second peak. SAGE advises that it is a near certainty that countries such as China, where heavy suppression is underway, will experience a second peak once measures are relaxed.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...SAGE_meeting_on_Wuhan_Coronavirus__Covid-19__

There's plenty to criticize the government about without having to make sh*t up.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The worst death rate in Europe? Not a statement of fact eg Only if you believe Spain counting method ..

EZpqvKJX0AAg3Yx

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1268450746422493184

https://www.ft.com/content/77eb7a13-cd26-41dd-9642-616708b43673

The worst-hit economy in Europe? Not a statement of fact just a guess by an organisation that makes numerous inaccurate predictions.

As for 'Scientists begging the government to lockdown'

SAGE was unanimous that measures seeking to completely suppress spread of Covid19 will cause a second peak. SAGE advises that it is a near certainty that countries such as China, where heavy suppression is underway, will experience a second peak once measures are relaxed.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...SAGE_meeting_on_Wuhan_Coronavirus__Covid-19__

There's plenty to criticize the government about without having to make sh*t up.

I'm not a great fan of putting people on ignore, unlike some on here, though I do have a handful of cretins self isolating.

I find when I look at a post and scroll up and see your name, I go "ok, that explains it", but can you really go on defending this shower of shit, just because you voted for them.

Please brush the wool from your eyes and take off the blue tinted specs, unless they are blue and white stripes... Boris is clearly out of his depth as are most of his cabinet.

And before it turns into an xxx, wouldn't have done any better, maybe not, but stop defending the indefensible...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm not a great fan of putting people on ignore, unlike some on here, though I do have a handful of cretins self isolating.

I find when I look at a post and scroll up and see your name, I go "ok, that explains it", but can you really go on defending this shower of shit, just because you voted for them.

Please brush the wool from your eyes and take off the blue tinted specs, unless they are blue and white stripes... Boris is clearly out of his depth as are most of his cabinet.

And before it turns into an xxx, wouldn't have done any better, maybe not, but stop defending the indefensible...

There may be a number of cretins on here who can't distinguish between challenging someone making (at best) dubious claims and someone 'defending the government' As I said there's plenty to criticize the government about without having to make sh*t up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[TWEET]1270734907015409667[/TWEET]

Nah, absolutely superb job he's done. Can't fault it.

as its been brought up, its worth noting that isnt what his models predicted if we'd locked down a week early. they dont take account of other actions, such as moving all those eldery into carehomes. remember Vallance's forecast, that was a based on then SAGE member Ferguson's models too. also a point about the "final death toll", as if this is over, very odd thing for him to say.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Public health expert Professor John Ashton...

The government's coronavirus response was "appalling"...

February as a "lost month" for the UK where no action was taken ....

He's very laid back, he doesn't really believe in intervention and his personal life's been chaotic ...

"He was dealing with that, he was dealing with a divorce, he was dealing with this new relationship. We've subsequently learnt his new partner was pregnant, he went on holiday, he was exuberant about leaving the European Union ....

"He seems to have been distracted basically and took his eye off the ball throughout the month because he didn't attend the COBRA meetings until the one he went to and chaired on 2 March."...

At the critical time he failed us all..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncmkt3wBk3M

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
A wasted opportunity for Britain

I remember watching the debates back during the election campaign, the only one that told the truth, the only one with realism, the only one with pragmatism, instead lies and pure fantasy won through.

If he'd been in charge during this crisis he would have still made errors but make no mistake we'd all be in a far better place

Undoubtedly. I don't know how he would have got on with Brexit and to be honest I don't care, but he would have handled the Covid situation much better than the shower of shit that we ended up with (I'm mainly basing that opinion on the fact that a) he's an adult rather than the current PM and b) I'm not sure anyone could do worse than the current PM)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Undoubtedly. I don't know how he would have got on with Brexit and to be honest I don't care, but he would have handled the Covid situation much better than the shower of shit that we ended up with (I'm mainly basing that opinion on the fact that a) he's an adult rather than the current PM and b) I'm not sure anyone could do worse than the current PM)

I think it was quite clear what he would have done with Brexit. He voted remain and left the Conservative and Unionist (for now) party as he wouldn't support a no deal Brexit. He was looking for a Customs Union, so, like every other sensible adult politician, he was never going to sacrifice himself on the Brexit alter.

The very reasons that he was far better equipped to handle Covid and Brexit were the exact same reasons he was ruled out :shrug:.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think it was quite clear what he would have done with Brexit. He voted remain and left the Conservative and Unionist (for now) party as he wouldn't support a no deal Brexit. He was looking for a Customs Union, so, like every other sensible adult politician, he was never going to sacrifice himself on the Brexit alter.

The very reasons that he was far better equipped to handle Covid and Brexit were the exact same reasons he was ruled out :shrug:.

He wanted the May deal

Brexit has been a contributor to why the country has been so poorly prepared, the Tories nationalist pet project consumed everything since 2016. Our country was weaked, we were dysfunctional, had a zombie government and just flapped around from crisis to crisis, acting on things like "Exercise Cygnus" were way down the list

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
They really are a disgrace.

Chief nurse dropped from No 10 briefing 'for not backing Cummings'

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-from-no-10-briefing-for-not-backing-cummings

Literally risking lives to save that scrote's scrawny neck is sickening. Now trying to cover it up by blocking people who spoke out about it is shameful. My girlfriend is still vary anxious about going to see her mum or others outside of work because she would never forgive herself if she was asymptomatic and gave it to someone else despite social distancing - I am sure she is not alone. Regardless of how challenging and unprecedented this situation is, I fail to see how anyone can support some of the government's decisions and, as such, I genuinely don't know how they sleep at night knowing they are almost definitely indirectly responsible for suffering and death of many people.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Literally risking lives to save that scrote's scrawny neck is sickening. Now trying to cover it up by blocking people who spoke out about it is shameful. My girlfriend is still vary anxious about going to see her mum or others outside of work because she would never forgive herself if she was asymptomatic and gave it to someone else despite social distancing - I am sure she is not alone. Regardless of how challenging and unprecedented this situation is, I fail to see how anyone can support some of the government's decisions and, as such, I genuinely don't know how they sleep at night knowing they are almost definitely indirectly responsible for suffering and death of many people.

And now this: some dodgy dealings on the BAME issue. Cummings' fingerprints might be all over this. Whatever: more evidence (were it needed) that these low-lifes are not capable of decency.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...rs-over-missing-bame-pages-of-covid-19-report

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]1271699738665066497[/tweet]

Apparently Theresa May put it in stasis to focus on Brexit, Boris subsequently disbanded it entirely.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

A fish rots from the head down, Johnson can't do empathy or understanding, he's wiped any thought of the victims out of his conscience long ago. He's filled his cabinet with MP's of his own mindset besides, they have seen across the pond how denial and lies don't seem to hinder government these days.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
A fish rots from the head down, Johnson can't do empathy or understanding, he's wiped any thought of the victims out of his conscience long ago. He's filled his cabinet with MP's of his own mindset besides, they have seen across the pond how denial and lies don't seem to hinder government these days.

Agreed. You have to be a special kind of person to deal with the decisions you make at the best of times at that level. But if you take the course you think is best at the time, then you can probably live with it. But if just 10% of the people interviewed about flouting regulations (and scaled up to include those not interviewed) because of Cummings were telling the truth, it is inevitable that at least one person was infected because of it. And likely many, many more. All to save an unelected official.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Agreed. You have to be a special kind of person to deal with the decisions you make at the best of times at that level. But if you take the course you think is best at the time, then you can probably live with it. But if just 10% of the people interviewed about flouting regulations (and scaled up to include those not interviewed) because of Cummings were telling the truth, it is inevitable that at least one person was infected because of it. And likely many, many more. All to save an unelected official.

The removal of the senior nursing official for refusing to support Cumming's actions shows how little they care about honesty. And, don't forget, Johnson said, and he actually believes, that he and the government have done a good job!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1271699738665066497[/tweet]

Apparently Theresa May put it in stasis to focus on Brexit, Boris subsequently disbanded it entirely.

Just echoes what I said in my earlier post, we've had a zombie government for years distracted with a domestic tantrum, we are now paying the price

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm staggered by this. There were far more than 5% on here in April that were completely blind to the cluster that BJ and his goons were 'busy' building. Where have they disappeared to?

Are they too busy condemning those protesting against racism, or have they finally woken up? What's happened to those damned fools and will they learn their lesson? Probably not, too bloody thick to acknowledge what is right in front of them. Too busy saying "now is not the time to question, now is the time for getting behind the Government".

It's not only BJ and co that have blood on their hands, it is the morons that believed and supported them too. Willing accomplishes in all this. It is an utter disgrace. This must be the worst government that this country has ever had. I can't think of another that has come close. Astonishingly bad, yet BJ still has relative strong approval ratings considering. What a desperately ill informed nation we have become.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here