Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? 8th May

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Very Good

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Good

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Average

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 26.2%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 84 50.0%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And this from Natalie Dean, assistant professor of Biostatistics, University of Florida (from the FT article);

“I was very surprised by the delayed response in the UK. Given what we were observing in Italy at the time and that the UK was on the exact same trajectory, had the same very steep rise, I was surprised to see discussion about waiting. There was an immediate need to stop what was happening,” she said.

“For London, in particular, it was clear that there was a steep rise, so it’s reasonable to think earlier intervention would have saved lives.”

And yet the BoJo lovers, continue to blindly support him and his government.

I'm afraid he had a lot on his plate, a celebration of a border in the Irish sea, a divorce, a new partner and nursery to paint.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
[TWEET]1265885480144470023[/TWEET]

This is an absolutely damning piece given we had advance notice and weren’t take so by surprise as say Italy was. Our procrastination, lack of urgency and completely bottling closing the economy down early has cost us dearly.

Exactly. It's this that should make the public's blood boil. Governments are oh so quick to trot out the trite phrase that their primary duty is to protect the public from danger. Their record on the CV19 is about as bad as it gets, especially when global comparisons are factored in.

Thank goodness we were "well-prepared" and had "world-beating" systems in place before the virus arrived. Just imagine what it could have been like had we had a government that doesn't seem to know its arse from its elbow, is led by an arrogant law-breaking adviser, and was only interested in Brexit rather than the population at large.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Thank goodness we were "well-prepared" and had "world-beating" systems in place before the virus arrived. Just imagine what it could have been like had we had a government that doesn't seem to know its arse from its elbow, is led by an arrogant law-breaking adviser, and was only interested in Brexit rather than the population at large.

I wonder how near the opposition parties are to the vote of no confidence in Johnson and his cronies. I know it would be a pointless and even a divisive gesture, but the truth is that the country's confidence in them is draining by the day.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One for those "Superb" voters

EZH67NfXkAEZGYl.jpg

EZH67NcX0AI-Pem.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Succint and to the point. The Guardian nails BoJo's performance in front of the Liaison committee;

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/27/boris-johnson-showman-out-of-his-depth-john-crace

How anyone can continue to believe this man, and his party, are nothing short of utter cockwombles is really beyond me.

He's delivering Brexit.

Corbyn is a traitor.

They made a few early mistakes over Covid but even that's largely a matter of opinion. We are winning the war. Can you imagine Covid with Diane Abbott in charge?

Cummings is a natural genius so he should be cut some slack.

Starmer let off a load of paedophiles when DPP so he's clearly a wrong 'un.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

Edit - all that just trips off the tongue - if you don't happen to have had a loved on die, especially during 'lock down'. For the majority who don't have had death in the family it is easy to shrug all the criticism of Boris off. If you want to. Plenty do.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
One for those "Superb" voters

so who has been making the decisions about care homes use? same policy in Scotland and Wales, so seems a collective failure repeated across many groups.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
so who has been making the decisions about care homes use? same policy in Scotland and Wales, so seems a collective failure repeated across many groups.

Oh, that's ok then, nothing to see here, Brexit Boris and Cummings can do absolutely no wrong can they ? besides the old and frail were among the economically inactive and probably would have died soon enough anyway.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

I think that of all the things that they have got wrong (of which there are many), the care homes scandal is going to prove to be the worst. And the 'protective ring' nonsense is indefensible. Perhaps 'protective ring' will be the lasting legacy of this mob even over and above 'get Brexit done'.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think that of all the things that they have got wrong (of which there are many), the care homes scandal is going to prove to be the worst. And the 'protective ring' nonsense is indefensible. Perhaps 'protective ring' will be the lasting legacy of this mob even over and above 'get Brexit done'.

The human cost of populism

In 2016 the old folk were manipulated and groomed by Vote Leave, in 2020 the same group of people hung them out to dry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtlGN8wVnis

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In tonight's latest instalment of the long running series "actions have consequences"...

[TWEET]1266385910360391680[/TWEET]

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If Twitter had chronicled the second world war

This might have been posted before but ...

[MENTION=11722]Jimmy[/MENTION]Jones_FollowBack Anti Appeasers. It’s war. Why didn’t Chamberlain see this coming? Too busy waving his piece of paper.

[MENTION=3790]sammy[/MENTION]Hoare35 Churchill! No way. Serious times need a serious man. #hastobeHalifax

@PierceMorrigan First Norway, now France. Is everyone asleep at the wheel?

@sassylassie18 My latest article: Might a female leader have saved France?

@OwenLeftie_HatewarLoveEngland Where are the Spitfires you promised Lord Beaverbrook? You said we’d soon be up to 60 a week by April. It’s July and it’s still only 23 a week. Don’t you know there’s a war on?

@OwenLeftie_HatewarLoveEngland August and still only 37. Ramping up production???

[MENTION=35417]william[/MENTION]joyce Stop demonising Nazis. We can do business with these people.

@PierceMorrigan Fight them on the beaches! What are we going to fight them with, you bald pillock? Candyfloss? Buckets and spades? #homeguardnow

[MENTION=29678]ali[/MENTION]sonRightwing_standupforEngland Stop talking down Britain. We’ve got plenty of Spitfires. I saw one yesterday. Anyone insulting Mr Churchill is a traitor.

@PierceMorrigan Home Guard? I wouldn’t let this lot guard a shed. In 30 years they’ll make sitcoms about these clowns.

@Carelesstalker14 Just got this from a cousin high up in War Ministry. He says the Germans have already taken Scotland.

[MENTION=29678]ali[/MENTION]sonRightwing_fightthemonthebeaches My lovely neighbour has just made two Spitfires out of merino wool. We can do this. #knitforBritain

[MENTION=17857]Nigel[/MENTION]Farage Just saw hundreds of little boats bringing people from France. Dunkirk is full of people trying to get into Britain. Why is no one watching our borders?

[MENTION=11722]Jimmy[/MENTION]twofollowers Stuck-up media elite. If you’re all so clever why don’t you fight Hitler?

[MENTION=12426]stan[/MENTION]dupcomedian66 Churchill be like (Gif of a headless chicken)

@gobbystirrer Should we be wrecking our economy just to save Europe? Peace may cost lives, but are they the lives we care about? Our new site World War Sceptics is there to challenge the consensus.

[MENTION=20933]campbell[/MENTION]soup97 Why is no one asking about shelters? The journalists at this press conference are a disgrace. Where are the Morrison shelters you promised?

@PierceMorrigan Would you let your wife hide out in one of these shelters minister? It’s just a bit of tin. How’s that going to keep anybody safe? I wouldn’t grow spuds in this shelter.

@Rightwingteen23 The BBC is a disgrace. Now they are claiming we’ve lost Singapore. Traitors all of them. When this is over, we are going to privatise the wireless.

[MENTION=2801]Churchill[/MENTION]@No10 Never in the field of human conflict. Join me at 8pm to #RoarfortheRAF. Fly to Germany. Drop bombs. Save lives.

[MENTION=21520]Fly[/MENTION]ingOfficerSmith [MENTION=2801]Churchill[/MENTION]@No10 Never mind #RoarfortheRAF My personal protection equipment is a sheepskin jacket and a parachute knitted from wool. Is this a joke?

@Midlandsman47 Have you seen what they’ve done to Coventry? Levelling up? Bombed to hell. Red wall seats my backside.

[MENTION=2801]Churchill[/MENTION]@No10 The New Coventry fund will rebuild city and cathedral and pay for a nice new tapestry, something by Sutherland perhaps. I’ve always liked his work.

@Promoted tweet 10 steps to a Churchill body.

[MENTION=29678]ali[/MENTION]sonRightwing_RoarfortheRAF What are you playing at Ireland? Start backing Britain. #knitfortheRAF

[MENTION=2801]Churchill[/MENTION]@No10 We have just beaten the Germans at El-Alamein. No, I don’t know where it is either. Rejoice.

@sassylassie18 Thanks Winston, but I don’t need some old white man explaining when the end of the beginning is thanks very much.

Next week: Great Plague Twitter

https://www.ft.com/content/65367ec0-2819-460b-afac-9066a9b2569c

:lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last week Johnson told the Commons he was “proud” of the Government's record on coronavirus

Today...

Highest number of cases of Europe
Highest number of deaths in Europe
Highest deaths per capita in Europe

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Last week Johnson told the Commons he was “proud” of the Government's record on coronavirus

Today...

Highest number of cases of Europe
Highest number of deaths in Europe
Highest deaths per capita in Europe

Anyone with any moral fibre would apologise and retire after this disaster.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Add the schools shambles to the list of things he’s ****ed up

Kids, f&&k school. Lets go to Chessington World of Adventures

Epic failure, it just gets worse and worse...

Update 1.5/10 (-0.5)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here