Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you stop a cat shatting in your garden?

Dr Schnell

Aug 20, 2003
Caveman said:
Is this a lady with two large towers...? If so anytime after 5.30pm:lolol:

If its the new Wembley then its a bloke with a large ring. Still want him any time after 5.30?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Exactly the same problem here. Moved into my house about 2 months ago, the neighbourhood cats use the wood chip in my front garden as their own personal toilet, problem is that one leaves a deposit then the others all come back to reclaim their territory. As for the claim that all cats bury it, sorry to dispell that theory but a couple of them have taken to dumping on my back lawn too.

I will try the one that smells of lion crap, hopefully it will work. Sad thing is that I can't abide dogs and was thinking of getting a cat, might have to resort to getting a mutt to chase all the cats away...

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
we have 2 cats not that i really like them but they belong to the wife when i moved in. :nono:
when putting in new plants in the garden it makes the soil nice soft and fresh for them, so they shit all over the fresh patch. so now what we do is keep a little spot of freshly dug soil for them to shit in as they will not use a litter tray.
also any other fresh soil we put crushed garlic and lemon juice on it. it keeps them off long enough for the soil to settle down again.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
orange peel does not work as suggested because it drys out too quick.

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
chilli powder, best thing, just sprinkle it where the cat usually shats, cats always sniff where they want to shat

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
sorry to say this but putting woodchip down is
like cat heaven, It advertises to every cat
in the area that its the biggest cat litter tray in the
patch.Believe me i've has the same thing happen
when i woodchipped my garden.I put up the white
flag in the end and just mixed it up with the soil,
could'nt stand the stench.
maybe a rottweiler !!!!!!!!!1

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Have you ever tried to get rid of a Rottweiller's shit ? Not recommended.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
i've got a rabbit that has a free rein to run in the
garden,if he sees a cat his immediate response is
to attempt to shag its brains out....he's latched onto 2 cats
never had a problem he sees them off.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Water pistol or bucket of water - they soon get the message

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Oh for f**k sake! I come home from work, think what a lovely evening and decide to cut the grass in the back garden while pondering over the above. Hey what do I find THEY’VE SHIT ALL OVER THE GRASS AS WELL!!!

Don’t these f**king creatures have a conscious?

:(

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Try hot curry powder, cats like to sniff where they are going to crap and then the turd itself for some reason.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Maybe I should try what my two brothers did as kids when a neighbours cat came into our house and terrorised ours, they caught him, put him in a bath of cold water and then put mustard on his arse. Funny thing but he never came in the house again, or the garden for that matter and if he saw either of them was off faster than a bullet from a gun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here