Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you stop a cat shatting in your garden?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
clapham_gull said:
You could deposit pieces of Terrys Chocolate orange around the garden.

This will deter cats which don't like the citrus smell and also fool them into thinking another animal has laid perfect segment shaped turds around the garden.

When they melt and go runny, other cats will think that a colleague has fallen victim to the above mentioned bicarbonate of soda and vineger method.

For extra security I would liberally sprinkle olbas oil on the chocolate before distribution.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
gazwag said:
Get some stuff called Silent Roar. Its Lion dung pellets, tried it when we grass seeded our front garden about five years ago and it worked a treat. Should be able to pick it up from garden centres, I think we got ours from the big one in newhaven.

great stuff and it works on the theory that the cat that passed it is huge(and probably is) and will put the fear of crist up the fowling cat.

most of the other suggestions are illegal and would constitute cruelty to the cat.
and any defence that the cat should not be in your garden won't wash as cats have a legal right to roam anywhere.

the last person who went to court for doing just that was fined £1000 and threatened with jail.

and when the new animal wefare law comes in you dare'nt look at an animal the wrong way and your feet won't touch.???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My mother has the same problem and apparently on the SCR gardening program the other day a listener asked how to get rid of cats and was told lay some empty glass/plastic pop bottles in the garden as cats do not like a reflection of themselves and it will scare them off. She now has 8 empty coke bottles near where her beans go.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just set a personal best of 1439, get in...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...anyway, I found the perfect way to stop cats crapping in my front garden, I moved home...instead of a nice little patch of gravel and wood chip then would now have to dig into concrete...try that for size ya buggers!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You must wait now to the summer months and sometime during july or august you must build yourself a hide made from twigs and suchlike.

When returning from the pub after a session of between 5 and 8 pints of beer you must deposit yourself with an array of different types of weapon in your hide and await your enemies appearence.They are fairly noisy prior to weeing so you will hear them.You might want to have a friend in with you for company.

When the cat appears ( leave spy holes in tent/hide) hit him with everything you`ve got.

Blowpipes and airguns are best.

Alternatively they do sell some very effective pepper powders that you can put down

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have a long term plan, I scare the shit out of the fluffy fucker that shits in our garden, new scare tool is a starting pistol :lolol:

another one that works is exlax chocolate, I stick that down out the back of the workshop for the dogs, hopefully they loose control at home over night so the fucktard owners get a taste of it too :angry:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Black Widow from upstairs bedroom window. Certain to get rid of annoying cat that doesn't want to poo in it's owners garden and terrific sport :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here