How do you make a living?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Do I have to put a smiley on every post? I've already put on here what I do.

Well, no you don't, of course, but if you use language that looks like a pop without a smiley, it would help if you did use one! Apologies for missing your previous post...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well, no you don't, of course, but if you use language that looks like a pop without a smiley, it would help if you did use one! Apologies for missing your previous post...

Sorry I'll try harder, I'm new to this. :smile:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
You don't work then?

Strange response. I've worked bloody hard for 25 years in the corporate world, for PE owned businesses and for myself. I guess your preference for sweeping generalisations is driven by some run in you've had with an insurer at some point. I'll not make a similar ill-informed comment about how you spend yours days.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
It's all kicking off in the "How do you make a living" thread! I'm siding with my fellow financial services people - go team! We can win this!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's just that most people assume that directors just employ others to do the work while they take the profits. Far from the truth in real life though except at certain football clubs.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
I have a Home Electronics Takeaway Shop, we put it on the shelves and druggies come in and try, and sometime succeed in taking it without paying for it!!!
Also computer repairs

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Strange response. I've worked bloody hard for 25 years in the corporate world, for PE owned businesses and for myself. I guess your preference for sweeping generalisations is driven by some run in you've had with an insurer at some point. I'll not make a similar ill-informed comment about how you spend yours days.

Highly strung and has to much time on their hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports