Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you make a living?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I take people on sports tours. I hit the jackpot last summer covering both the Olympics and Paralympics. I'm about to begin taking groups to all 5 Ashes test matches in England and then head to Australia in November for the 5 Ashes tests there, before then heading to the Caribbean for the West Indies tour in March. In between I watch the Albion and pretend to be busy at home occasionally cutting the lawn.

[YT]-5i1cJIwE7M[/YT]

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
I take people on sports tours. I hit the jackpot last summer covering both the Olympics and Paralympics. I'm about to begin taking groups to all 5 Ashes test matches in England and then head to Australia in November for the 5 Ashes tests there, before then heading to the Caribbean for the West Indies tour in March. In between I watch the Albion and pretend to be busy at home occasionally cutting the lawn.

I snapped my leg (tib and fib) in two in New Zealand whilst on a cricket tour in February which I reckon was probably payback for having such a great job.

How did you land that one?

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I'm currently too ill to work. I'm waiting for a new kidney. I have done many things though. The most time I spent doing 1 job was driving a taxi around Hastings for 15 years. I also spent 4 years at Gatwick Airport until the company I was working for stopped supplying transport. I started out as a cleaner and then went on to cater Flybes. That's where I met Bobby Zamora. There is a photo of us together on my profile.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My real name is Robin Banks, and i rather took to the title as a profession also. My aim was to never steal enough to become a necessarily wanted man, so each night, after perhaps a year of consistent planning and some all-over bone-reforming surgery, i venture to delicately stomp and slide through sewers, airvent systems and even on rare occasions through the larger letter boxes of some organisations who care little for my pilfering. I shuffle and traipse out with little more than £200 in my pockets, which i deem to be small enough to retain my insignificance, and actually place it back into my Lloydstsb accound come morning time as a thoroughly innocent chap who's struck it lucky on the cockfighting the night before. More recently, my heart has darkened and i've taken to the habit of invading the homes of anyone with the surname of Banks and taking minor items and even a week's food shopping from the larders of the larger-kinned Bankses.
My worst crimes are 2 though. One was to stand still next to an anarchistically wry Banksy wallspray with a device in my helmet that had the art melt onto my bare skin. The wall become naked whilst i was a new mobile canvas, charging a fortune for the interested to follow me around for a day to see if either i'd be caught or how this particular work looked with certain key elements now buried in my cracks. And the other crime was to thoroughly empty a foodbank. I went back in the morning, my pockets half-filled with some of the nabbed fodder i'd taken in the early hours, and stood in the queue with the rest of the desperate and starving, sometimes releasing increasingly volumed sighs until i grew enraged like the rest of the pasty mob and through a pot of caviar through the foodbank window. A tiring day, but one that felt victorious in its own deceptive ways.

I think only a deedpoll change of name would have me as something different now. But, until i am somehow enforced into such an alteration i'll continue. I am pondering a sidekick at present. A youthful and partial lookalike. Preferably an orphan. Willing to do mostly meagre wrong.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

I snapped my leg (tib and fib) in two in New Zealand whilst on a cricket tour in February which I reckon was probably payback for having such a great job.

Watch the Albion Martin? I thought there was a Football Team closer to Home who you supported? :wink:

For those that may be interested the leg fracture happened as our Hero was on a Downhill Luge at the time so he is also a Mad Bugger!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Ended up as a CEO of a health authority but when they started to bring in commissionig groups I said it would lead to chaos and begin the break up of the NHS. "They" said you had better leave then so I retired and have lived happily ever after. Not so the NHS.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Chartered Accountant/Bean Counter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here