Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] How do I get these bulbs out?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Slightly related. I have a light fitting which I thought was bayonet but is screw fixed. As a result I pulled the bulb out breaking it but left the screw fitting attached to the light fitting. It's a long connicle fitting so awkward - any ideas how to remove the screw fitting so I can replace? It's 4 weeks since I've done and haven't worked it out yet!
Small snipe plyers

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Slightly related. I have a light fitting which I thought was bayonet but is screw fixed. As a result I pulled the bulb out breaking it but left the screw fitting attached to the light fitting. It's a long connicle fitting so awkward - any ideas how to remove the screw fitting so I can replace? It's 4 weeks since I've done and haven't worked it out yet!
Tricky, but probably just try to grip what you can with a pair of needle-nosed pliers, and twist it out?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Power off, pair of pliers

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Knock the wall and/or ceiling down and start again.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20231107_161921_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks like there's a small kangaroo trying to get out of might :shrug:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Squishy rubber ball. Also good for changing watch batteries.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Lamps

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Kitchen spotlight in my mum’s kitchen.

No obvious way to get purchase on it other than trying to push it in a bit and try to rotate in both directions.

None of the three budge at all.

View attachment 169312
Is there a metal O ring round the edge holding the bulb in which you need to remove, or is that part of the bulb/fitting?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here