Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] How do I get these bulbs out?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Kitchen spotlight in my mum’s kitchen.

No obvious way to get purchase on it other than trying to push it in a bit and try to rotate in both directions.

None of the three budge at all.

IMG_1989.jpeg

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Kitchen spotlight in my mum’s kitchen.

No obvious way to get purchase on it other than trying to push it in a bit and try to rotate in both directions.

None of the three budge at all.

View attachment 169312
Small sucker, like I might use on a car valve grinding stick? local motor factors should have them?

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Be careful of any sharp edges. In attempting the 'twist and remove' method, I've sliced my fingertips on more than one previous occasion.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Are they definitely GU10s? Might be GU5.3s like these we have in our bedroom. If so, put the sucker on it and just pull out ... no twisting required. They just sit in a metal retaining clip with the 2 pins in two little holes.

IMG_6797.JPG

el punal

There’s already something very ‘iffy’ about this thread, what with small sucker, grinding stick, pull out, no twisting required, push and turn, five minute job and wear rubber gloves? I thought this was a football forum not Big Bertha’s Bumper Bondage catalogue. :ohmy: :blush:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Slightly related. I have a light fitting which I thought was bayonet but is screw fixed. As a result I pulled the bulb out breaking it but left the screw fitting attached to the light fitting. It's a long connicle fitting so awkward - any ideas how to remove the screw fitting so I can replace? It's 4 weeks since I've done and haven't worked it out yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here