Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How did you react to the emergency alert?

How did you react to the emergency alert?

• Dropped phone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dropped the other thing I was holding

• Calmly, like a normal person

Votes: 59 84.3%
  • Ran screaming to the nearest Anderson shelter

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Hastily joined the most convenient religion

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Started a poll on NSC

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Crashed my car

• Total voters

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It went off 30 seconds early.

Could hear my ignorant neighbours coming out into the hall and chattering about it. Clearly no idea it was happening.

What in the U.K. could possibly warrant this level of scare mongering?

Floods? Do we get flash floods in the U.K.?

Forest fires? Not an issue

Earthquakes? They happen once every ten years in Yorkshire and measure about 0.001 on the Richter scale.

Terrorist attack? I don’t want my phone blaring out a signal to guide an attacker towards me thanks.

Nuclear attack? I’d rather not know thank you.

Just stop interfering in my business, my phone, my life.

The second I retire, this smart phone is being flung into the Adur. Hate the bloody things.
Watch out for asteroids fella ???

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
It went off, I looked at the time, went into settings and switch it off permanently. I've decided not to buy into this shit anymore. If the world is going proper tits up that we need an emergency alarm on our phone, I'd rather die in ignorant bliss.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Went off on the train to wembley… was a bit bizarre.

Absolute liberty though. We have never needed an alert like this for anything else. What do the government know?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I didn't get it.
I'm doomed!!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It went off, I looked at the time, went into settings and switch it off permanently. I've decided not to buy into this shit anymore. If the world is going proper tits up that we need an emergency alarm on our phone, I'd rather die in ignorant bliss.
Thanks, I didn't realise there was an opt out of gammon-world.

TBH if something that shit happens we're all f***ed anyway.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was in the park with the dogs and checking the allotment, fortunately there's an Andersen shelter there.

Am I allowed out yet? No signal down here.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It went off 30 seconds early.

Could hear my ignorant neighbours coming out into the hall and chattering about it. Clearly no idea it was happening.

What in the U.K. could possibly warrant this level of scare mongering?

Floods? Do we get flash floods in the U.K.?

Forest fires? Not an issue

Earthquakes? They happen once every ten years in Yorkshire and measure about 0.001 on the Richter scale.

Terrorist attack? I don’t want my phone blaring out a signal to guide an attacker towards me thanks.

Nuclear attack? I’d rather not know thank you.

Just stop interfering in my business, my phone, my life.

The second I retire, this smart phone is being flung into the Adur. Hate the bloody things.

The only two reasons I can think of is a flash flood and wanting to tell people to stay away from an area - unidentified package type of thing.

But we now live in a world in which the country seems to want the state to tell them what to do and when

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nothing - I didn't get one - my phone is just a phone, not a smart phone. When nuclear war breaks out, I guess it'll just have to carry on without me ........... fine by me!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Didn't happen here. My provider piggy backs on the Three network who seem to be the biggest culprit.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Thought it was weird because if you turn it off the message disappeared. At least on my phone. So didn't actually read the thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here