Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How could we get Odsonne Édouard?

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Got a feeling Everton or West Ham are interested, and more likely

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
£30m is a lot.

The question now is, how much will we get for the part exchange of Duffy (to a club he must love playing Champions League Football) to bring that sum down to the limits of our budget?

Duffy plus £15M cash and the unusual additional performance related clauses?

Assuming Duffy would want to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
£30m is a lot.

The question now is, how much will we get for the part exchange of Duffy (to a club he must love playing Champions League Football) to bring that sum down to the limits of our budget?
I think he'd be worth it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
£30m is a lot.

Considering West Ham and West Brom are battling it out for Duffy that seems unlikely.

We have been here before though with Celtic strikers, the standard of Scottish football is a stumbling block, especially for the big bucks.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This would be a fantastic signing honestly

Could be exactly the type of striker we need to compliment our existing forwards.

And one we’ve been crying out for the past few seasons

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
£10m from AK deal
Duffy
£10m from Uncle TOny

please make it happen!

Surely he'd prefer the weather down here, and only a few hours from Paris.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Neil Lennon and Celtic will be desperate for the holy grail that is 10 in a row. He will not want to lose his best striker for any price.

That said, the lad is in his final year of contract next summer and the transfer fee goes down. I fancy because of Covid if Celtic sell they will want the cash up front, were it not for that some sort of deal involving cash, Duffy and a Connolly loan might have worked.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Only 4 pages so far but linked today - meant to be very good and Man Utd & Arsenal we’re linked. Am I missing something here?!

Ps - anyone know what The Times are like for transfer info?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Only 4 pages so far but linked today - meant to be very good and Man Utd & Arsenal we’re linked. Am I missing something here?!

Ps - anyone know what The Times are like for transfer info?

I dont think he is a very realistic signing. Not as batshit crazy as those who suggest Abraham or Giroud, but still very unlikely to leave for anything less than a top 6 club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tall - quick - France youth international - player of tourno at u17 euros and golden boot winner - very young - can score with left, right and head (is very right footed though) - Murray style replacement - could work very well with Maupay - champions league experience

I think if we did manage to get him it would be fantastic. My top priority striker - better than Watkins from what I’ve seen.
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] I think he’s realistic if we want to kick on. We were linked with Dembélé from them before who also was just what we needed - let’s do all we can to get this guy.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Tall - quick - France youth international - player of tourno at u17 euros and golden boot winner - very young - can score with left, right and head (is very right footed though) - Murray style replacement - could work very well with Maupay - champions league experience

I think if we did manage to get him it would be fantastic. My top priority striker - better than Watkins from what I’ve seen.
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] I think he’s realistic if we want to kick on. We were linked with Dembélé from them before who also was just what we needed - let’s do all we can to get this guy.

Sure I could agree it is not completely out of the question but I still think it is more likely he will end up in a CL club somewhere. Just like Dembele.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here