Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How confident are you

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite confident.

I'm excited that hopefully a new approach will be developed by GP although at the moment none of us know how he'll set the team up. This could be a blessing this season too as most other clubs had sussed us out (especially last season) and at least GP will hopefully will give the opposition something different to think about.

If we can find the remaining 3 players most of us hope for (CF, RB, & AM) then convinced we can push towards mid table which I'd be happy with.

This. Covers everything.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Add "Stupid" to the list of insults.

Survival is not a target for Man City is it?
It was a target for us and CH delivered it. FACT

Factual, but with one proviso ... TB sacked CH and it seems many Albion fans are relieved or relatively pleased with the decision. We were told that TB was unhappy with events on the field in those few months, so CH didn’t do enough to fulfil the brief expected of him.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
How regularly do you want a manager whose mandate is to keep us in the division, to field players who are grossly underperforming?

Both Locadia and Ali J played quite a bit of football last season, did you watch it?

To pin our hopes on these players, who have shown us nothing thus far, suddenly coming good because of a manager change is a mistake.

Ali J appeared 12 times in the premier league, Jurgen Locadia 15 since he joined in February 2018 (mostly as sub). Hardly "quite a bit" is it?

And yes I watched practically every game. Apart from Ryan, Dunk, Duffy and Bruno (when he was available) almost every other player "showed nothing". So by your reckoning the manager should have stuck to a four man team as the rest of them were crap?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Ali J appeared 12 times in the premier league, Jurgen Locadia 15 since he joined in February 2018 (mostly as sub). Hardly "quite a bit" is it?

And yes I watched practically every game. Apart from Ryan, Dunk, Duffy and Bruno (when he was available) almost every other player "showed nothing". So by your reckoning the manager should have stuck to a four man team as the rest of them were crap?

Bit harsh.
Bernardo was excellent at times. Andone showed serious glimpses. Thought March had a good season too.
Murray had a great first half of the season.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
After the Watford game, I may be back to revise this, but i'm confident.

On the upside I think

We will still sign a couple more genuine first team players
Trossard will be brilliant, but we won't see too much of Clarke
We will attack quicker and get more men forward, meaning we will score more often
We will see why we paid good money for Andone and Locadia
Our away record will improve considerably (as we will more of a pacey counter attack side)

On the downside I think

We will get out nerves shredded and concede about 5 goals by playing out from goal kicks
We will score fewer set pieces
Ali J, still won't cut it

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Factual, but with one proviso ... TB sacked CH and it seems many Albion fans are relieved or relatively pleased with the decision. We were told that TB was unhappy with events on the field in those few months, so CH didn’t do enough to fulfil the brief expected of him.

Don't disagree but the poster I was replying to said that CH did not deliver Premier League survival and that is factually inaccurate

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
After the Watford game, I may be back to revise this, but i'm confident.

On the upside I think

We will still sign a couple more genuine first team players
Trossard will be brilliant, but we won't see too much of Clarke
We will attack quicker and get more men forward, meaning we will score more often
We will see why we paid good money for Andone and Locadia
Our away record will improve considerably (as we will more of a pacey counter attack side)

On the downside I think

We will get out nerves shredded and concede about 5 goals by playing out from goal kicks
We will score fewer set pieces
Ali J, still won't cut it

I keep having dreams set in Tehran, based loosely on the classic Iranian film Close-Up.
Ali J drives me around on a big motorbike, too powerful for the bumpy, scooter filled streets. But everybody watches us and cheers as we pass.
I can't work out if they're cheering him, me, or us, but Ali J looks magnificent in shades and white slacks.

It's filling me with more and more confidence that he'll come good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here