Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How confident are you

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Chris did not deliver PL survival last season. It was delivered despite his overly negative tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he did. Stop trying to re-write history.

You may not like HOW he did it but we did not get relegated. He delivered Premier League survival - that is a FACT.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Chris did not deliver PL survival last season. It was delivered despite his overly negative tactics.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes he did. Stop trying to re-write history.

You may not like HOW he did it but we did not get relegated. He delivered Premier League survival - that is a FACT.

Read more carefully you goon. We survived yes, we all know that. Chris tactics and inflexibility impacted us negatively.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Someone who disagrees with you is a moron??
Ok then.....

Someone who cannot see Chris ****ed up is a moron...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Read more carefully you goon. We survived yes, we all know that. Chris tactics and inflexibility impacted us negatively.

Goon. Moron.

Are you going to keep on throwing insults at people who dare to have a different opinion to you?

You said "Chris didn't deliver Premier League survival" then say "we survived, yes, everyone knows that". Therefore as Chris Hughton was in charge he absolutely delivered Premier League survival

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It makes perfect sense. You just don’t want to accept Chris’s shortcomings.

It doesn’t. I can guess at the point you are trying to make but this is all.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Goon. Moron.

Are you going to keep on throwing insults at people who dare to have a different opinion to you?

You said "Chris didn't deliver Premier League survival" then say "we survived, yes, everyone knows that". Therefore as Chris Hughton was in charge he absolutely delivered Premier League survival

Are you being deliberately stupid? You could put yourself in charge of Man City and they would almost certainly survive. Would you then say you delivered survival? I wouldn’t.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It doesn’t. I can guess at the point you are trying to make but this is all.

Please see above for the hard of understanding...

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Are you being deliberately stupid? You could put yourself in charge of Man City and they would almost certainly survive. Would you then say you delivered survival? I wouldn’t.

Add "Stupid" to the list of insults.

Survival is not a target for Man City is it?
It was a target for us and CH delivered it. FACT

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As with everyone, I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

I assume our style will change, but as much as we didn’t like it, we have survived in this league for two seasons playing cautiously and within our limitations.

I am just curious as to see how this all pans out this season

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Some good bitching in this thread. Thoroughly enjoying it

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Quite confident.

I'm excited that hopefully a new approach will be developed by GP although at the moment none of us know how he'll set the team up. This could be a blessing this season too as most other clubs had sussed us out (especially last season) and at least GP will hopefully will give the opposition something different to think about.

If we can find the remaining 3 players most of us hope for (CF, RB, & AM) then convinced we can push towards mid table which I'd be happy with.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
New season around the corner. New manager, a few new faces, new system.

How confident are you we'll stay up and do better than last season?
I'm less confident about survival than I was last season. A bit more confident than I was in our first season though.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We wont buy another striker because we bought two last season but our manager at the time decided not to use them on a regular basis, so we didn't get a proper chance to gauge whether they can cut in the top flight or not. The same with Ali J. With luck, GP will bring the best out of them.

All three were proven goalscorers in a "lesser" league but in that lesser league they were given a decent service from midfield which actually gave them a chance to put the ball in the back of the net, a service that was severely lacking for the majority of last season. If they are played regularly in the first half of the season and don't make the grade, move them on and recruit in January.

How regularly do you want a manager whose mandate is to keep us in the division, to field players who are grossly underperforming?

Both Locadia and Ali J played quite a bit of football last season, did you watch it?

To pin our hopes on these players, who have shown us nothing thus far, suddenly coming good because of a manager change is a mistake.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Neither confident or not confident.
New manager with no PL experience.
And a new system that will hopefully give our forwards more opportunities.
We don't really know what our forwards are capable of, except Murray, because we spent most of last season in our own half and most attacks broke down in the last third.
We do need a new signing or 2 with plenty of PL experience as I have been saying for some time.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
In reality I am in No man’s land but I am looking forward to a more varied approach to games. My Albion mojo dropped to lower than it has been since Hyppia over the last few months of the season just gone. I desperately want to see an Albion side that plays with a desire to win a game rather than not lose it. I do accept it could go completely pear shaped and we could be whipping boys if GP and the players are not up to it.

Currently I feel confident and excited about the upcoming season though. Desperately hoping for a marquee striker signing as well, but not actually expecting it.

From a personal standpoint I can accept Championship football the season after next if we prove not good enough. I do not want to watch what we saw in the last three months of last season again though.

An away win against at least one of the top six is on my wish list :smile:

My sentiments exactly

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
My feeling is that there won't be such a dramatic sea change in style as some are expecting, i feel it will be an evolution and we will play more like the good Brighton under Hughton, the style of our promotion season and the better games of our first year up and occasionally in the first half last year, more ball, more confidence, more swagger. What the hell happened in the second half of last season I'm sure even Chris is wondering, but behind that is a good progressive side which will be bolstered by Trossard and players like bissouma, bernardo, aj and andone with a year's PL experience in their legs.

I would have felt optimistic if Chris was still in charge, that's my way, but I know i was not looking forward to the reaction on here and other public forums every time we lost a game or didn't play well under CH, so I'm optimistic of a happier atmosphere which will be important for our survival

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here